Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFitnessPal not syncing with Fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi I’ve got my fitbit set up all linked so says but not showed up on my fitbit the progress I have done today as I forgot my fitbit on charge at home hence used this HELP please as walked loads

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

What about manually logging your activity @1S9U7E4? For trackers that support heart rate monitoring, you would probably only want to log an activity manually if you forgot to wear your tracker or forgot to track the exercise. These trackers take heart rate into account when calculating calories burned, so even if an activity doesn't count steps, you still get calorie count information. 

Note that when you manually log an activity, its step and calorie data override the data automatically detected by your tracker during the same time period (but in this case since you left the tracker, this won't apply). This ensures that your steps are not counted twice as long as the manually logged activity has the correct start time and duration.

Here are the steps to manually log your activity:

1. On the Fitbit app dashboard tap the Exercise tile to open your exercise history. This is the tile that says "Track exercise" or shows how many days you've worked out this week.
  2. Tap the stopwatch icon in the top right corner.
  3. Tap Log.
  4. Tap a recent activity or search for an exercise type.
  5. Adjust the activity details and tap Add.

If your iOS mobile device supports 3D Touch, you can also log an activity from the home screen with the Quick Action menu accessed by 3D Touch.

Hope this helps! Smiley Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

It's nice to see you around the Community Forums @1S9U7E4! Note that only steps from your Fitbit will sync to your MyFitnessPal account. 

MyFitnessPal.png

In case that your both apps are not syncing correctly, I recommend to unlink the accounts and them link them again. Doing this should be able to resolve any issues between the account.

To do that, follow these steps:

1. Sign into your Fitbit dashboard.
2. Go to the Applications settings on your account.
4. Under MyFitnessPal, click "Revoke Access."
5. You can then re-link the two accounts.

If you notice that MFP or the Fitbit App are not syncing or transferring all the data to each other, we might have to do some troubleshooting steps to make them connect. Remember you don't enter any food log from the Fitbit App, but you will be able to see all the food entries from my MFP in the Fitbit App. 

I've moved your post to the Third-Party Integrations as there are more chances to get related replies here. 

I'll be around, keep me posted! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi so getting steps to go fitbit won’t work 😟 from MyFitnessPal as I left fitbit on charge was only reason I used it hoping would do my steps that way or sync how many miles walked etc

Best Answer
0 Votes

What about manually logging your activity @1S9U7E4? For trackers that support heart rate monitoring, you would probably only want to log an activity manually if you forgot to wear your tracker or forgot to track the exercise. These trackers take heart rate into account when calculating calories burned, so even if an activity doesn't count steps, you still get calorie count information. 

Note that when you manually log an activity, its step and calorie data override the data automatically detected by your tracker during the same time period (but in this case since you left the tracker, this won't apply). This ensures that your steps are not counted twice as long as the manually logged activity has the correct start time and duration.

Here are the steps to manually log your activity:

1. On the Fitbit app dashboard tap the Exercise tile to open your exercise history. This is the tile that says "Track exercise" or shows how many days you've worked out this week.
  2. Tap the stopwatch icon in the top right corner.
  3. Tap Log.
  4. Tap a recent activity or search for an exercise type.
  5. Adjust the activity details and tap Add.

If your iOS mobile device supports 3D Touch, you can also log an activity from the home screen with the Quick Action menu accessed by 3D Touch.

Hope this helps! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much 😊 all done

Best Answer
0 Votes

Music to my ears @1S9U7E4Woman Very Happy Glad to hear you manually logged your activity. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am logging food on my fitness pal which says it is linked to my Fitbit app but I don't see the info showing on the Fitbit app.  Do I need to do something to link the two?

Best Answer
0 Votes