Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not syncing with myfitnesspal

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
All of the sudden nothibg is syncing w myfitnesspal. Not my computer, phone or iPad apps are syncing. It wired fine and now for the last 3 days it has not. I closed everything down and reopened. I also tried disconnecting and reconnecting the two apps. What can I try next?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@A2thekroth  Hey there! Please confirm if your tracker is syncing to your Dashboard. Since, you already tried unlink and relink both accounts and they aren't syncing contact MyFitnessPal directly. 

@travel_mama Hey! Currently, Active Minutes won't sync to MFP. See what's going to sync to Fitbit and MFP:

What syncs?

Fitbit > Steps > MFP
Fitbit > Calories > MFP
Fitbit > Aria measurements > MFP
MFP > Logged food > Fitbit
MFP > Activities > Fitbit

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

I'm having the same issue.  The MFP account will sync with my fitbit to show my intake, but the active minutes are not syncing to the MFP.  I have also installed and re-installed the apps... Curious to see the answer to this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@A2thekroth  Hey there! Please confirm if your tracker is syncing to your Dashboard. Since, you already tried unlink and relink both accounts and they aren't syncing contact MyFitnessPal directly. 

@travel_mama Hey! Currently, Active Minutes won't sync to MFP. See what's going to sync to Fitbit and MFP:

What syncs?

Fitbit > Steps > MFP
Fitbit > Calories > MFP
Fitbit > Aria measurements > MFP
MFP > Logged food > Fitbit
MFP > Activities > Fitbit

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi =),

So if i start the exercise timer on the fitbit and then put that same workout in myfitnesspal it wont show up twice on my dashboard right? or should i not start my fitnesstimer on my fitbit and only put it in myfitnesspal?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LauraKaiser I would suggest only logging activity in one place, typically food is logged in MFP while activity is logged in Fitbit. If you would rather see your activities listed in MFP, then just log it in MFP and don't record it. Otherwise you'll likely end up with a calorie burn that's doubled if the activity is recorded in both MFP and Fitbit.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer

Thank you Andrew 😃 Ill do that.  One more question. Is there a way to define what kind of work out I did? Yoga or Crosstrainer or Wheight lifting so I now how i burned those  calories when i look back.

Thank you 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LauraKaiser Depending on which app you're logging the activity, you can search for the activity you did and select it (if it's there). You can also create a custom activity if it's not on the list of activities.

If you're recording the activity with your Fitbit tracker, then you can go to the recorded workout and re-categorize the activity to whatever you want it to be. Hope that helps. 🙂

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes it does 😃 thank you so much

Best Answer