Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pokemon Go

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can FitBit work with Pokemon company to capture pokemons without looking at our smartphones similar to this device: http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/pokemon-go-plus/131550

I just don't want to wear that pokeball looking wristband as Fitbits are much better looking aesthetically.

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12
Holy moly, please yes, make this happen!
Best Answer
Best Answer

An alert would be nice, but I think Niantic would need to start using notifications first.

What would be even better is if Pokemon GO used your Fitbit steps to count towards egg hatching. 😄 You could charge up your incubators without needing to leave the app running ALL the time.

Best Answer

This could be done maybe with IFFT.  I use it to log my steps on my  Facebook page.

Best Answer
0 Votes

At the very least, i'd like my fitbit steps to be able to go towards hatching eggs.

Best Answer

I love my Fitbits and I love Pokemon Go.  But how to integrate the two? 

I've been trying for several days to track my daily run on Fitbit (I have a Charge HR and a Blaze, and trade off using both for excercise, largely depending on which one I'm wearing when I head out the door), and also play Pokemon while running.  I've had mixed success.  Here's what I've learned so far:

* I've tried to use the "track exercise" feature on the smartphone app (I use an iPhone 6s) and run Pokemon go at the same time, and ended up with Pokemon crashing several times per mile.  I suspect it's too much for the phone to be doing 2 GPS tasks at the same time.  When I get home I find that Fitbit has tracked me just fine...the GPS map is there and all the numbers.  So I guess the Pokemon app is less forgiving in this regard.

*  Next I tried using the built-in exercise tracking function on the Blaze, but encountered the same problem...Pokemon freezing every few minutes.  Again, since that feature connects to the GPS in my iPhone I again suspect it's due to Pokemon wanting the GPS all to itself.

*  Then today I tried letting the Fitbit track my run with auto-recognize, turned off LTE on my iPhone (I've read in other forums that turning off LTE makes Pokemon less likely to crash), and I found I could run Pokemon at the same time without freezing!  While running I caught a few Pokemon, collected stuff at a Pokestop, and a couple of eggs even hatched.  When I got back home I found my excercise stats in Fitbit, but of course no map or milage because it wasn't connecting to the phone's GPS.  Next time I run I'll try this with LTE left on and see if it makes a difference.

So, while I need to work on this more to see if I can repeat and get the same results (yeah, I'm a science guy), I can say that my experience suggests that you can indeed play Pokemon and record exercise on your Fitbit at the same time.  Just be sure auto-recognize is turned on, and be willing to do without connecting Fitbit to your phone's GPS.  Pokemon apparently needs all the GPS it can get, and it doesn't like to share.

Stay tuned.  If I learn more, I'll post more.

Best Answer

If Niantic opens its API to IFTT (the internet of things) then you could have your Fitbit send your steps/distance to the game without having to keep the game (your phone) on. It would not help you catch Pokemon, but it could count mileage for hatching eggs.

Best Answer

It could also be the times when you have been running, for example you can tell around here when the schools have just come out even if you forget when that will happen as you cannot login to the PG app at all. Too many people trying to use the same thing all at the same time! Obviously, there could be a number of other variables that are causing the issue so it will be interesting to find out a solution and if it continues to be an issue or if it is just while the overall player numbers settle!

I would definitely love Fitbit to feed my steps into PG, seeing as part of it is getting out and exercising - would be worried that it was just adding the didtance up as if I was actually playing at the time I'd be collecting items and capturing things anyway, just the distance tracker on the PG app is not very accurate! 😑 

Best Answer

I made a solution for those people who want to use their fitbit with Pokemon Go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuwX-tk-p0Q

Soon i'll post a video to show it works. 

Read the description first though because i wasn't organize when i made this video haha. 

Since the Pokemon Go Plus has been delayed to September from July 31, so I found a solution that whom owns a Fitbit! The purpose of this app is to show you if there is a Pokemon nearby. It's sorta close to the Pokemon Go Plus but no button to press to catch Pokemon. The video is out of order, I'll
Best Answer
0 Votes

Will this only work for the ones listed?
I have a fitbit Charge HR  (not the Charge 2).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I work in a kitchen and can't have my phone on me at all or have anything on my wrists.  the fitbit inspire is the perfect pedometer for me.  it would be awesome if I could use the +7km a day I walk toward eggs and buddy candy.

Best Answer

Don't know if you're Android or IOS but on Android I use "fittofit" in order to sync between fitbit and Google fit. It does sync my distance so my eggs hatch. Currently work from home and hatch at least one 2k/day.

Best Answer