Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with IFTTT and the Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm having some trouble connecting the IFTTT service and the Fitbit app.  I checked the log on the IFTTT app and it reads "applet failed, there was a problem with the Fitbit service."

I just started using this service this morning, I read through the forums and disconnected the app on both ends from fitbit to IFTTT and vice versa.  I have six applets and all connect to different other apps, so I'm reasonably confident it's with the Fitbit side of things.  Not sure if it's a temporary issue or if there is something I can do on my end.  Thanks for your help and time in advance!

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Forums @jlbasey.

Thanks for bringing this up and trying to disconnect and reconnect the apps. 

Has this continued to happen? In the meantime I'd recommend that you try to setup the recipe itself from scratch besides disconnecting the apps and check if that helps it to run correctly.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit related applets on IFTTT continue to fail simply saying there was a problem with the trigger. Can someone please find out why thats happening. Its been over a month at least, and Im assuming its something simple like an API change that wasnt communicated.

Best Answer

Deleting the service and adding it back which forced me to re-authorize seems to have fixed the issue. Possibly the oauth was out of sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes