Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Myfitnesspal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have been having issues with Fitbit integration with Myfitnesspal for about 2 weeks. At one point, I did see a post from Fitbit that syncing was temp rainy disabled due to a large backlog but I haven't been able to find any updates on the status of that. When I log food in MFP, it shows up in my Fitbit app, but I am not receiving any calorie adjustments in MFP, and my step counts aren't showing up in MFP either. Normally when doing a step based workout, I don't log the exercise in MFP. Since I'm not receiving calorie adjustments, I've been entering my workouts in MFP so I can eat back those calories. But somehow, every time I do that, the number of steps I took during my workout is subtracted from my total steps on Fitbit!! I don't understand why this is happening. I have followed the instructions for what to do when the apps aren't syncing... Several times. PLEASE HELP!
Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

@Nldenissoff Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! It's weird that your Fitbit account does not reflect the correct information from MFP integration and viceversa. In order to correct this, I recommend revoking access of your MFP account from your Fitbit Dashboard. After this, re-link both accounts again as it was the first time and log a workout or food for testing and verify if the issue gets corrected.

Keep me posted on the outcome and I'll be around my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello there,
Thanks for responding. Unfortunately, I have tried to revoke access/unlink my accounts several times with no changes to the problem. Any other advice?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nldenissoff I believe that the problem is on MFP's end my friend. I suggest you to contact their customer support so they can investigate further their platform.

Let me know what they tell you and we'll see from there! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues and have relinked my accounts, also. Guess I will contact MFP. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jessborch Thanks for joining us to our Community! Since you are experiencing the same problem and you already tried to re-link the accounts, I suggest you to contact MFP's customer service as well my friend since the issue might be on their end.

Hope to hear from you soon my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am trying to contact them - they are not as good as you guys at replying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jessborch I appreciate your good feedback regarding our responses my friend! However, as I can notice, the issue is on MFP's end and they can fix the problem for you.

Let me know what they tell you! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

In relinking FitnessPal and Fitbit, the instruction link you provided says to choose "Allow" and I can't find Allow anywhere.  My FItnesspal app on my iPhone shows 0 Fitbit steps on my Homepage under the dashboard.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Burf41 A warm welcome to our Fitbit Community! If you don't get the "Allow" button available, probably your MFP's account still has your Fitbit account linked. Disconnect your Fitbit account from your MFP's account and when on the re-linking process, go to the "Apps" section on MFP and click where it says "Get" under the Fitbit icon, once you click on it, you should get the page that has the "Allow" button.

Let me know how it goes my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the same issue with data not going to MFP so I revoked access. Now when I try to reconnect I get to the screen that say 'allow', I then get a Fitbit error message saying It's not you it's us and something about an internal server error. I have kept trying this has been for the past 4 hours and still no joy. Cannot reconnect MFP to my Fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner It's great to see you in the Community! So sorry to hear that your Fitbit account is not linking with MFP. Try clearing cash and cookies of your browser and try to re-link both accounts one more time. If the problem persists, take a screenshot of the error and attach it in this thread so that I can determine the cause of the issue.

Catch ya later my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I get to the allow button but when I click it it goes to a screen saying it not you it's us! And it has been like this for about 3 days now
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Jojoflojo it's great to have you in the Community! I'd like you to try re-joining to MFP by doing it through a computer. I'd like you to try this way since this will help us to determine if the issue is only through the Fitbit app or the online Dashboard as well. Don't forget to clear cache and cookies of your Internet browser.

Hope this helps my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer