Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Fitbit and MyFitnessPal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m VERY new to Fitbit, I just got my versa 2 on Friday and I’m still getting used to it. That being said I have my Fitbit account synced with MyFitnessPal(it says connected on the MFP app) but when I was looking at my Fitbit app earlier it showed 0 calories consumed so far today when I know I’ve logged breakfast and lunch on MFP. Is there something I’m missing on connecting the two that I can check so that information is synced or will I need to start logging everything in the Fitbit app?

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi @PhantomGal, I'm glad to see you here. Welcome! 

I'll do my best to help you out with your questions about MyFitnessPal and the Fitbit app to track calories consumed for the day. First we need to check how these two apps communicate each other.

• MyFitnessPal will transfer activities, food and weight to Fitbit app. You don't need to log your food information twice.

MFP.PNG

• Fitbit app will transfer steps and weight to MyFitnessPal.

fitbit.PNG

Most of users prefer to track all activities in the Fitbit app and keep using MyFitnessPal to track food information. So they can check how many calories they have for the day in the Fitbit App using the Fitbit Food Plan.

For the syncing issues that you're having, I'd recommend re-linking the two accounts by doing the following:

1. Sign into your Fitbit dashboard.
2. Click the gear icon in the upper right corner and select "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
3. On the left side of your screen click "Applications."
4. Under MyFitnessPal, click "Revoke Access."
5. You can then re-link the two accounts by going to http://www.fitbit.com/apps/myfitnesspal.

After connecting both apps again, you can verify that your accounts are syncing by using one of the following data points:

1. On Fitbit you can check for your meal summary and logged activities from MFP.
2. On MyFitnessPal, go to "My Home," then "Check-In." You should see your weight, Fitbit Steps, and Fitbit Sleep Minutes. 

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes