Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renpho App for Fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've just bought a set of Bluetooth scales, made by accompany called Renpho. It has an app which they say will sync with Fitbit & it certainly has a button for that function, but I can't get it to sync.

I'm using an iPhone 5 with latest IOS 10.3.3.

Anyone else had this issue, or do you have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Well at what point is it failing, and what error message?

Please remember that your not connecting app to app, but their server with Fitbits server. They mught have a link on their web site.

The steps

You need to be logged into Renpho.

You need to tell Renpho that you want to connect to Fitbit

You then will be taken to a special page on Fitbit, you might need to log in 

On this page you give permission for Fitbit to share your data.

You can go here to see if it has connected to your account

The reason i suggested Google is that by using them i have always found a post either on Fitbit or the third party site that helped.

The reason @WendyB suggested to ask them is because they are responsible for their connection.

I do notice that they have a Facebook page, you might be able to get some help from there.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

Welcome to the forums!

I think you are going to have to ask this question with the Renpho company.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Mary.

I have already asked the question there, I was hoping someone here may have had similar issues & may be able to provide an answer. The Renpho App doesn't show up as being compatible on the Fitbit App. 

I wondered if Fitbit were aware of the company.

Best Answer

Fotbit might not be aware of the company. You see Fitbit supplies the tools so that others may access your account. They dont need to tell Fitbit that they are going to attach to Fitbit, they do however need your permission.

You might need to do it through their website, the first thing i would do is google "Fitbit and Renpho"

Best Answer

google it? That's your answer? Thanks, but I need a reply from someone who has managed to get the thing working.

Best Answer

Well at what point is it failing, and what error message?

Please remember that your not connecting app to app, but their server with Fitbits server. They mught have a link on their web site.

The steps

You need to be logged into Renpho.

You need to tell Renpho that you want to connect to Fitbit

You then will be taken to a special page on Fitbit, you might need to log in 

On this page you give permission for Fitbit to share your data.

You can go here to see if it has connected to your account

The reason i suggested Google is that by using them i have always found a post either on Fitbit or the third party site that helped.

The reason @WendyB suggested to ask them is because they are responsible for their connection.

I do notice that they have a Facebook page, you might be able to get some help from there.

Best Answer

Hi Rich

Thanks for the reply. Please accept my apologies if I seemed snappy, I was hoping for some sort of solution & had already trawled through Google as a first step before trying either Fitbit or Renpho communities.

The point the app was failing at was where I attempted to sync with Fitbit (In Renpho: Profile-settings-Fitbit-on) It allowed me to switch the slider to 'on' but then did nothing (it didn't switch to Fitbit App for permissions) Switching to Fitbit manually didn't work either, nor did closing everything down & starting again. I tried various combinations for about an hour without success.

I was contacted by Renpho this morning & asked to try again....it connected!

However, so far I don't see any change on the Fitbit App or web page, other than permission for data exchange being accepted. Do I have to have the premium version of the App in order to display BMI etc?

Best Answer

Since we are talking about a scale, have you weighed yourself since the two accounts where connected? After weighing and after the scale syncs to its t

Account the weight should shortly be sent to your Fitbit account.. Now go to https://www.fitbit.com/weight you should see the entry there. 

Best Answer

Hi. Yeah, the weight is registering now, but not bmi etc. Better than nothing, getting there slowly lol

Sent from my iPhone

***UPDATE***

The App is now working, logging weight, body fat. lean mass & BMI on the Fitbit interfaces.

I have done nothing, so I am guessing something has been changed in the App's background.

Thanks for your comments.

Paul.

Best Answer

How did you get your RENPHO scale to sync to Fitbit app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It needs to be done through Renpho's app or website. Or ask them

Best Answer
0 Votes
It won't sync directly. You have to download the Renpho app & register with it. Go to your account & into settings on the Renpho app. There should be a fitbit option on there.
Slide the button to the 'on' position & it should take you to the fitbit app (which I assume you already have) to give permission for them to synchronise.
Mine wouldn't allow me to switch it on initially, took a few resets of both apps & around 48 hrs to work.
If it lets you switch it on, you just need to use the Renpho app to connect to the scales, save the data (it does it automatically) then open the Fitbit app. That should then give you the main data, weight, bmi, body fat etc.
There seems to be a delay with the app kicking in, so if it doesn't work straight away, give it a day or two. Once it started working I've had no real issues with it, but it will record all the events, even if you delete them from Renpho. E.g. If you weigh yourself three times to check the accuracy of the scale, it will record all three results in both apps & you need to delete any you don't want individually from both.
Hope that helps.
Paul.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have the Renpho scale, and a Fitbit HR 2. I got the two to sync once early on, but forgot how I did it. I searched all over the web for a sync method, and finally put it together. I have both Renpho and Fitbit apps on my Android phone. I gave access permission (1-time action) per directions found here and other places. I finally tried having both apps open and logged into when I actually used the Renpho scale. It worked, both apps got the updated data.

I had been stuck trying to sync after the measurement, because that was the way I expected it to work. Now having both apps up when I use the scale just works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.

It seems that the Apps work randomly according to various conditions, possibly different on Android to IOS. Mine works fine now, other than having to delete data individually if there is a duplicate, which isn't a big deal.

The scales themselves still sometimes give varying values, which is annoying, but I guess you get what you pay for.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can not sync mine either. I blame Fitbit because other apps sync just fine with the RENPHO scale. 

I did get it to sync at sone point by opening Fitbit first and then the RENPHO app but this stopped working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you contacted Renpho yet? They are responsible for handling there linkuo. . If it is a fitbit problem. they will need to reach out to fitbit. 

BTW I was able to log a weight to Fitbit by texting IFTTT which uses the same API commands Renpho would use. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was able to get the two apps working together again. It turns out the
Renpho app sometimes unchecks the Fitbit connection in options. I now just
check it every time prior to taking a measurement, and it's fine otherwise.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. If you are referring to opening the Fitbit app just before the measurement, and/or right after, that did work for me a couple of times (literally once or twice) but hasn’t worked in over a month. What I do every day is open Fitbit, then RENPHO, then Fitbit again.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I open the Renpho app, then open the Fitbit app, then go into the
Renpho app settings to ensure the link to Fitbit is enabled.
This works every time now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

HI there @SteveInCC and welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @Ailat.

Thank you for sharing your workaround to sync your Renpho scales with Fitbit. Is true that this scale is not officially supported by Fitbit. This doesn't meant it won't work but the information we have available regarding its  functionality in relation to Fitbit is very limited. For the same reason, I appreciate you have  shared this information, I'm sure other Fitbit users will find very helpful this details.

As @Rich_Laue mentioned earlier, there are tons of third party apps and services that are able to connect with Fitbit though our open API. If any new eventually arise, feel free to reach Renpho customer support.

See you later and stay awesome!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer