Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run Mapping with non-GPS Fit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I like to map my runs, but at present I only have a Charge2.  Also I don't want to run with my iPhone.

So I am looking for a way to create maps before or after a run, then sync them with Fitbit data and/ or app.

This is what I think I know:

+ There is no way to create maps in the Fitbit app or web

+ I have tried Map My Run (which I used to use a while ago) - I like the mapping but I cannot get the data to sync between MMR and Fitbit

+ I have tried Runkeeper - for this one the sync works but for mapping you have to recreate a new map every time (there is no way to copy then edit an existing one)

Has anyone found an app / way of being able to map and sync?

Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@pom15595 It's nice to see you on the Community. Thanks for participating in the forums. 

As you mentioned it's not possible to create maps on the Fitbit app or the online Dashboard. Regarding your inquiry about using Fitbit and MapMyRun, Fitbit will sync distance and calories burned and no data will be synced from MapMyFitness to Fitbit. 

If you would like to see an option to create maps on Fitbit, you may want to post your idea in our Feature Suggestion board, those ideas are reviewed by our team and the status will change based in Fitbit's plans. 

Hope someone can jump in and share his/her experience. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SilviaFitbit  many thanks.

You stated "Fitbit will sync distance and calories burned" - I am not sure if you meant that FitBit should be able to sync these to MapMyRun - looking at other posts and my own experience _ can never get any data to be sync'd between FitBit and MMR in either direction.

Best Answer
0 Votes