Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runkeeper integration

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Would be nice if the HR monitor could talk to Runkeeper (and Wahoo, Zwift, etc) - any plans to open it up?

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

You just need to link them

The App gallery is here
http://www.fitbit.com/apps

Welcome to the forums!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Just use Runkeeper to track your runs.  Unfortunately, Runkeeper and Fitbit don't play nicely with each other.

Best Answer

Hello @michelle123456 welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here. 😉  You can link both apps by following the instructions on the help article: Can I connect my Runkeeper and Fitbit accounts?. Thank you for your amazing cooperation @WendyB It's always a pleasure to see you around. Hi @tastybrew what issues are you experiencing with the integration with RunKeeper? 

Catch you later! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AngelaFitbit wrote:

Hi @tastybrew what issues are you experiencing with the integration with RunKeeper?

Direct from your link:

"Please keep in mind that this is a one-way integration, meaning your Fitbit data syncs to Runkeeper but not vice versa."

Best Answer
0 Votes

and again a reason not to buy an other fitbit product.

when my Charge HR breaks i will move to an other brand.

Best Answer
0 Votes
How do I pair my Fitbit Surge with my Runkeeper app?
Best Answer

Take a look here.

Best Answer

@Heatherdmg wrote:
How do I pair my Fitbit Surge with my Runkeeper app?

@Heatherdmg the 'integration' is poor in my opinion. All you get is:

- Aria scale weight is sent from Fitbit and updates Runkeeper (this is useful)

- "daily summary" notes in your Runkeeper feed. Does *not* update any stats in Runkeeper

Again, Runkeeper does not receive activities/workouts from Fitbit. All you get is daily summaries as a note, and only a note, in your feed. I just took a screenshot in Runkeeper so you can see for yourself how your Fitbit recorded activities are not available in Runkeeper, they don't update your stats in Runkeeper, and all you get a useless notes.

Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 12.43.02 PM.png

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
I would like my runs to go through to runkeeper app on android. As advised GPS/spilts not going through
Best Answer

Why will Fitbits HR monitor not interface "Real Time" with RunKeeper? My Mio HR Monitor does.

Best Answer

I agree, my Mio HR monitor will show "Real Time" HR data on Runkeeper. Fitbit will not. This would have been nice to know before I purchased by HR monitor.

Best Answer

If you want your Fitbit to interface "real time" with Runkeeper, forget it, you bought the wrong HR Monitor. (so did I by the way, so you are not alone). I know we should stay positive on these posts. But the fact is I pusrchased the Surge to replace a seperate activity tracker and strapless HR monitor to interface with Runkeeper. Fitbit will not.

Best Answer

I wanted to use the Fitbit HR monitor to interface "Real Time" with Runkeeper and to use the Surge to track my runs when I did not want to carry my Iphone to track runs on Runkeeper. The interface has been very disapointing. I have to mannually log my runs in Runkeeper, if I track them with Fitbit and I can only load an Average HR. I want to know what my HR was during every moment of the entire run, not an average.

Best Answer

That is not a solution, it is an excuse for "real time" HR interface not working with Runkeeper and other APPS

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am very disappoint (irritated is a better word) that the sync does not work.

Best Answer

No ability to edit an activity that has some incorrect info in it is another huge deal to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey Fitbit, your customers want HR to show up while they are running on Runkeeper. Are you listening?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
U can manually upload run data/hr/splits from fitbit to runkeeper as a tcx file (though it seems to cut off last GPS marker). Eg 10.87 km run becomes 10.79km with same time. Rather have a direct link, than having to do manual tho.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @mbob thanks for stopping by! 🙂 Please keep in mind that this is a one-way integration, meaning your Fitbit data syncs to Runkeeper but not vice versa.  As mentioned before on this thread by @bbarrera it will show a summary of the activity. If you want more detailed information you can do what  @dave75 mentioned you can export your Fitbit Data to RunKeeper, more information about this can be found on the help article: Can I export my fitness data to my computer? 

If you want more features to be added to this integration you can visit RunKeeper Feature Request board and share your input. 

Thanks for stopping by! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes
We customers keep telling Fitbit we want Runkeeper integration. Fitbit continues to only tell us how great their product is and why they won't integrate.

There are things I love about my Surge; ease of use, stylish, comfortable band, etc. However, not having a live HR interface is a deal breaker for me. For that reason alone, I do not recommend Fitbit to anyone. My Mio Alpha HR watch links effortlessly with Runkeeper. I intend to continue to press this issue in as many media places as it takes to get Fitbit to listen to us (the customers). I am sure this issue will be reflected I any future product reviews.
Sincerely, Ed Galyon

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer