Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava and Fitbit Syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 2/1/2018: We have been made aware that the syncing issue with Strava has been resolved. If you are still experiencing issue, please let me know. Thanks everyone for your patience and reports!

Hi Strava users- I've merged a few posts together. We are aware that the integration between Strava and Fitbit is currently down and hope to have this resolved shortly. I will update this thread as soon as I hear more. Thanks very much for your patience!

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
117 REPLIES 117

Working for me now too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My runs have just uploaded ! 🤗

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's now resolved, but I had to go to the strava.fitbit.com and re-enter all my passwords. Thanks for the fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contacted fitbit support on twitter, they seem to be aware of the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone figure out how to sync the rides/runs that haven't synced?  I mean from Strava to Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone figure out how to sync the rides/runs that haven't synced?  I mean from Strava to Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems to be fixed now, no more error messages. And my recent Strava bike records are now appearing in Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI there @Negy67, let me give you a warm welcome to our Fitbit Community! I saw @Rich_Laue was trying to help you but your response is blank.

I'm wondering how it goes? Is Strava still not receiving your exercises from Fitbit? Also as @Rich_Laue mentioned before, are you using GPS features with your Fitbit?

Perhaps revoking the access from Strava in your Application settings using your Online Dashboard and reconnecting your accounts will refresh the integration and will address the issue you are experiencing.

For more details to connect your Strava account please use the following post as a walkthrough.

See you later and let me know if you need more help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmph, mine still haven't.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there Strava and Fitbit fellows. A warm welcome to those new users who have joined to our Fitbit Community! I took the liberty to merged all your concerns  in one thread to centralized this so I can keep track of those who are experiencing the Code error 500 internal server error.

Thank you all for brought this to my attention and rest assure I'm gathering all the details to investigate further.

As a main troubleshooting steps I would like to recommend only in case the issue persists; to revoke the access and try to reconnect your accounts one more time:

Access to your online-Dashboard and revoke the access of Strava in the application settings as follow:

1. Log in to your fitbit.com dashboard
  2. Click the gear icon on the top right corner
  3. Click "Settings"
  4. Click "Applications" on the left side
  5. Click "Revoke Access" under the "Fitbit + Strava" app
  6. Go to https://strava.fitbit.com/ and click "Connect" and follow the rest of the prompts to finish reconnecting your Fitbit and Strava accounts

Also I was reading that some of you are already able to sync, like it was mentioned by @cdinoz and @benasaur. So additionally to this I would like to confirm with all of you if the issue keep persisting. If it does please give it a try to the steps I suggested before and try again. Feel free to let me know if the error keep showing.

I'll be around if you have more concerns. If I come across new updates I will let you know.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried this solution a couple times now.  My rides from yesterday (one in the morning and one in the evening) still won't sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit was linking to Strava Sunday fine, Monday it stopped uploading, I revoked the access and reinstalled the apps and got the 500 error, However today its gone and I can complete the set up, but it is still not linking to Strava? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This morning's commute ride synced.

I still have two rides from Tuesday that haven't.

Best Answer
0 Votes

wrote:

This morning's commute ride synced.

I still have two rides from Tuesday that haven't.

They won't sync now as far as I know

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same happened to me. The account are syncrosing now, but I had to upload
manually the previous rides.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's irritating.  But it is what it is.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have now solved the issue.

Clear all cookies and search history.

Revoke Strava access then reinstall linking apps, the 500 error message has now gone and you should be able to complete the set up and see your activity on Strava.

It has worked for me today.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

You have no issues with double calories and stuff? I had that. I wish I could use strava instead though since strava is more accurate. Fitbit loses by default around 5% of the route, and up to 90%.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit is not syncing my activitys recorded with gps to strava.

i took my phone with me and its showing a map on the fitbit app. I have attempted to remove access from both strava and fitbit but it hasnt helped? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't had any issues with my watch until today. It never uploaded my run to strava. I've revoked access several times, powered it off several times. Still no upload. It's uploaded to runkeeper so I'm not sure if it's a Strava issue or Fitbit issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes