Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava and Fitbit exercises

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I start my run on the Iconic watch and stop it. The event gets upload to Strava and then when I look back in the Exercise tab on the app, it has the Run with a map logged. Below that is the same time as a new event called Running. My question is, because it's synced to Strava, is the data being re entered back into the fitbit and doubling the data, or is it just displaying it twice, and only taking one set of data ? Its kinda confusing.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

A warm welcome to the Community @Stephen_1985. Thanks for the details that you've mentioned. I've moved your post to this board because it's more related to the topic. 

You will see the exercise in your Fitbit account because it was tracked by your Ionic and then the same activity will transfer to Strava. So the exercise will be displayed in both apps but it's the same one from Fitbit but was transferred to the third-party app. 

Remember that only GPS data recorded with a Fitbit device will be synced to Strava. Exercises that are recorded with the Fitbit app or don't have GPS are not synced to Strava. 

Let me know if you have any other question. Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes