Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava and Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi!

I have used my Charge 2 for over a year and it works fine. I have recently connected it to Strava to access more running stats. However, this has caused several issues in my Fitbit app. 

Steps for every day are recorded as an activity in Strava, which is not useful for me. Also, Fitbit seems to sync this activity back which shows up as a manual walk starting at 02:00 every night. This results is thousands of extra steps at night time! How can I remove the syncing of steps from Fitbit to Strava? 

Also, what are the pros and cons with tracking running and biking activities i Strava vs in the Fitbit device? When I track in Strava I don't get any heart rate or calories. The distance is also slightly different between the two.

Thank you!

/Jenny

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Community @Luinel. It's great to hear that you connected Fitbit and Strava. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Strava is a service used to track exercises. Activities from Strava are synced over to Fitbit as manually logged activities and don’t include GPS or heart rate data from Strava. Only GPS data recorded with a device will be synced to Strava. Exercises recorded with the Fitbit app or don’t have GPS data are not synced to Strava.

Note that after linking your accounts you may see some differences in the way data is calculated for your exercises on each site. For more information, see Strava's Calorie Calculation article.

Your activities should be the ones that will sync to Strava and not your everyday steps, you can learn more about it by checking this article: How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app?. Can you provide me with a screenshot of the data that you're seeing in Strava? 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. As the connection is between Fitbit and Strava on
my account now, all activities including daily steps are synced to Strava.
Please see the attached screenshot. So there is something wierd since it
should only sync the Fitbit GPS-tracked activities.

Best regards,
Jenny
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Luinel. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

I'm glad to hear that your information is syncing now. It looks like the screenshot didn't attach, please follow these steps to attach a screenshot to your next reply. 

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_20190718_210757.png

Hi again,

Please see the attached screenshot.

/Jenny

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Luinel. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

I appreciate the screenshot shared. Based in what you mentioned and in what I could noticed in the screenshot shared, it seems that the data that's syncing is only the activity tracked and not the daily information you have in your Fitbit Dashboard. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes