Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava and moving time implementation

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Dear all,

Used my fitbit for the first time during my long run. Strava is perfectly synced with Fitbit. Unfortunately Fitbit syncs the elapsed time instead of the moving time. The moving time is crucial in Strava because it calculates the exact average running speed. My moving time is about 4 minutes shorter than my elapsed time because I had to stop at a traffic light. Therefore my average page on Strava is a lot faster compared to Fitbit. This is the exact average speed which I have runned, not the one on Fitbit.

Is there a possibility to sync the moving time instead of the elapsed time with Fitbit from Strava? A feature I am really missing at the moment because my data and training progress is now inaccurate. 

Hoping that somebody could help me, thanks!

Greetings,

Robin

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @robintrum, its nice to see new faces around. With third party integrations is a bit tricky, although I appreciate your suggestion and I will share this with our teams. Many of this integrations are not developed by our initiative, but by the third party service who use our open API to integrate Fitbit.

Strava and Fitbit at the moment only syncs the following:

• Exercises with GPS data recorded with Fitbit will be sent to Strava. Heart rate data will be included when it's available
  • Exercises recorded with Fitbit's app or devices that do not include GPS data are NOT currently sent to Strava.

For more suggestions and details you can also visit http://strava.fitbit.com/

Hope to see you again and thank you for your feedback.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @robintrum, its nice to see new faces around. With third party integrations is a bit tricky, although I appreciate your suggestion and I will share this with our teams. Many of this integrations are not developed by our initiative, but by the third party service who use our open API to integrate Fitbit.

Strava and Fitbit at the moment only syncs the following:

• Exercises with GPS data recorded with Fitbit will be sent to Strava. Heart rate data will be included when it's available
  • Exercises recorded with Fitbit's app or devices that do not include GPS data are NOT currently sent to Strava.

For more suggestions and details you can also visit http://strava.fitbit.com/

Hope to see you again and thank you for your feedback.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes