Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava integration and step counts

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

Hoping someone can clear this up for me. I am a charge HR user and also a cyclist. I am using strava/fitbit sync to record my rides and all is working smoothly on that front.

As is mentioned all over this forum steps are counted when cycling due to bumpy roads etc. Does the data imported from strava result in my step count being adjusted/am I given "step credit" for my ride?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi there @maln. It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community!

Whenever you use the Strava app linked with Fitbit to track your rides, this activity will transfer to your Fitbit dashboard and will override any information for that time frame. This means that if your tracker recorded any steps during your cycling, those steps will be deleted as the Cycling activity will be taken into account.

Hope this clears out your question and if you need any more help, let me know. Cheers! 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi FerdinandFitbit,

I dont think this is the case. My bike communte to work this morning shows 2000+ steps. I tracked my cycle with strava and the activity is showing up on my fitbit Dashboard but when I look at my step count for the day it is inflated by 2000+ steps.

Thanks

Best Answer

I'm seeing the same thing. I logged 16.4 miles on Strava this morning, which appears as a cycling activity in my Fitbit log. I was wearing my Blaze during the ride but not logging an activity with it. Now my step count for the day stands at 5567, while my actual steps consisted of little more than walking to the garage and back. Also, Strava logged my calorie burn at 584 for the ride; Fitbit gave me credit for 870.

First world problems I guess 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes
Can we have a response to this, it is very frustrating.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is the same and i just moved from a charge hr to a charge hr2 and its still logging thousands of steps daily.

I commute 20kms a day in 2 trips and it shows in fitbit  ok but some days im screaming past 10 000 steps but ive only done 2000 odd steps sitting down all day.

Kinda disapointing and would hope the steps get adjusted and not shown on the watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue.

I'm using iPhone steps integration to the Fitbit app and Strava integration to import my rides. The steps recorded by the iPhone are still counted by the Fitbit app during the entire duration of the ride that has been imported from Strava.

If there a way to edit the step count from the Fitbit app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm seeing my rides come in from Strava, but they are not adding to my steps (I've stopped wearing my Alta because it can't hold a charge—I track with my phone, which I bring on my rides). Just to clarify, is cycling only supposed to count toward active minutes and calories, but not to steps? 

Best Answer
0 Votes