Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava integration: heart rate information not correctly imported

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I am using the Fitbit/Strava integration offered on fitbit.com.  Last night I ran for the first time since enabling it.  I logged the GPS data with the Fitibit iOS app and the HR data with the Charge HR.  The GPS data integrates correctly, but the HR data does not match between the two websites.

Is this a known issue, is there anything I can do to fix this?

See screenshot for the mismatch in HR data; note most significantly the flat heart rate at the last third of the run.

Regards,

Mark

Fitbit

Fitbit HR data

Strava

Strava

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Yep, happened to me, too. Just a few minutes ago.

Fitbit

Strava

Best Answer
0 Votes

i've seen this on both of my recent runs with HR data, seems to not import the last 1.5-2k of data from the Charge HR to Strava on a 5k run. 

I found a workaround: Deleted the Strava run, exported the fitbit run data and imported it as a new run on Strava. The GPS, pace, elevation, and HR was all there from start to finish. And as a bonus - due to the extra HR data it improved my suffer score slightly 🙂

This is obviously not an ideal solution as there would be no point in synching the apps at all. It would also delete permanently any kudos or comments on the original run. 

But it shows that somewhere in the connection between Fitbit and Strava there is an issue. Whether it's Fitbit or Strava remains to be seen. 

Best Answer
Quite right. Sync issues. Half the HR data (the first half) of my fitbit tracking was synced to strava, while all of the balance of data is synced ok. Frustrating
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone, check out the post I made here for an explanation about using Charge HR and MobileRun.

The integration between Fitbit and Strava is optimized for Surge because it has built in GPS along with the PurePulse heart rate monitor. This means for Charge HR users using MobileRun, your Charge HR has to sync prior to ending the MobileRun for it to include the entirety of the heart rate data.

In the above examples that I see, it looks like the Charge HRs last synced right where it starts to flat line (meaning no further HR data was synced before the activity was ended). It will show up on Fitbit's side of course, but in order for it to show correctly in Strava, it needs to sync before the activity is ended.

Hope that helps clarify. 🙂

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I dont understand. What is mobilerun? And how do i make a sync before the end of the run? I need clear exact steps please thanknyou

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Stingrei Recording a GPS activity through the Fitbit app is commonly referred to as "MobileRun".

You can check out the thread I linked in my last post, or check out another similar thread here.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer