Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava syncing activities recorded using third party devices

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've just bought a Fitbit Alta HR, and I already use a Garmin for cycling and another third-party sports watch for running. I record activities from my Garmin and running watch on Strava, and have just linked my Fitbit and Strava accounts. So far, I can't see that anything has transferred from Strava to Fitbit (ie today's run), so please could you confirm if I should be able to see activities uploaded to Strava from my Garmin or running watch via the FitBit app?

Thanks.

Moderator edit: label

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @lawsofmag, awesome to have you around in the Fitbit Community, welcome aboard! I was reading you have questions regarding the integration between Garmin, Strava and your Fitbit account.

In this case your exercises may sync from Garmin to Strava and this data recorded in Strava may sync to Fitbit as manually logged activities, but will not include GPS or heart rate data if is available. I'm saying this as a probability, since the exercises were not originally recorded in Strava and Fitbit is not compatible with Garmin.

Have you seen the same behavior with exercises recorded directly in Strava. The behavior should be the same as I mentioned before, but if you are not able to see manual either manual activities in your exercise history coming from Strava, I would like to recommend to try these steps:

1. Log in to your fitbit.com dashboard
  2. Click the gear icon on the top right corner
  3. Click "Settings"
  4. Click "Applications" on the left side
  5. Click "Revoke Access" under the "Fitbit + Strava" app
  6. Go to https://strava.fitbit.com/ and click "Connect" and follow the rest of the prompts to finish reconnecting your Fitbit and Strava accounts.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have other questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes