Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync activities to Runkeeper

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello!

Does anyone know if it’s possible to sync activities like running, from fitbit to runkeeper? I have linked my accounts and runkeeper can see my steps, calories and sleep duration but not my activities.

I have waited over 24 hours after I completed my last run, but still nothing shows in runkeeper.

I have the Fitbit Surge.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@no_one_se Actually, your Fitbit will only sync steps, calories, sleep and weight over the RunKeeper app. Take a look at this very helpful thread posted by @AndrewFitbit with more info about it. 

Happy stepping! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

@no_one_se welcome to the forums! Cat Very Happy Keep in mind that the RunKeeper account integration with Fitbit is a one-way integration, meaning your Fitbit data syncs to Runkeeper but not vice versa. If you run or jog without your Fitbit tracker on, it will not be automatically recorded on your Fitbit profile. If you prefer to use RunKeeper over a Fitbit tracker, you can manually log your RunKeeper stats on the Log section of your Fitbit account. Hope this makes sense! Cat Happy 

I've found a Feature Suggestion proposing this link to be a both way integration. Check it out and make sure you add your votes and comments! 

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
Hello!
I understand the one way sync, but the information from my Fitbit
activities do not synchronize to runkeeper. Sleep, calories and steps is
transferred, but not activities.

--
Dreams have no limits, so live your dreams and your memories will last
forever.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@no_one_se Actually, your Fitbit will only sync steps, calories, sleep and weight over the RunKeeper app. Take a look at this very helpful thread posted by @AndrewFitbit with more info about it. 

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer

Hello!

Thanks for the information, I must have missed that.

But from my point och view, there is no point of using sync with Runkeeper.

//Peer

Best Answer

@no_one_se thanks for getting back to me! It's great hearing back from you. Cat WinkYou're very welcome. I hope I was able to resolve your inquiry! You can keep track of your steps using a supported mobile device and the Fitbit app or just by using your tracker!  Cat Wink

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Totally would be great if it posted my runs, to runkeeper.
Best Answer

A warm welcome to our new friend @JohnnyOC! I so agree with you, that's why I encourage you to add your votes and comments in the Feature Suggestion "Runkeeper / Fitbit link". This is being constantly reviewed by our devs and engineers to make sure we are delivering on what our users want and need!

Let me know if I can be of further assistance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apologies for resurrecting an older thread, but it is related to my query. I have linked my Runkeeper and Fitbit accounts but I DON'T want my runs to be synced, only walking because I use a TomTom watch for recording runs which already posts them to Runkeeper (as they are far more accurate and have maps etc). Is it possible to select which activity types are synced, or is it all or nothing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner welcome aboard! It's nice to see new faces in the Community! Please keep in mind that this is a one-way integration, meaning your Fitbit data syncs to Runkeeper but not vice versa. If you run or jog without your Fitbit tracker on, it will not be automatically recorded on your Fitbit profile. Since you're using a different tracker instead of a Fitbit device to keep record of your runs transferring over to RunKeeper, you can manually log your RunKeeper stats on the Log section of your Fitbit account.

Since this feature isn't available yet I encourage you to add your votes and comments in the Feature Suggestion "Runkeeper / Fitbit link". This board is constantly being reviewed by our devs and engineers for improvements and enhancements. 

Good luck and feel free to post back! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yesterday I connected my fitbit account to runkeeper, and it synced the fitbit activities from january 1st until february 6th into my runkeeper account. Then I did a run activity tracked with fitbit, yesterday evening, and it didn't sync. I tried removing the link between the 2 apps several times, from one side and from the other, and got it to sync until february 7th. I did this a few more times, but nothing got synced.

Does anyone have any advice?

While I'm here, I also connected to strava, just for the sake of it, and it synced my last week of fitbit activity, and the run I did yesterday went automatically to strava also.

Best Answer

For whose who might be interested, here is the response I got from Runkeeper support about the syncing problem with fitbit:

"Hey there, Thanks for reaching out to Runkeeper Support - we are so sorry for all the trouble you've been experiencing! It sounds like you're running into a known issue. The team is aware of this problem, and we will be addressing the issue once it has been prioritized to be fixed. As soon as we have any new information, I'll be sure to update you with either a permanent solution or potential workaround in the interim. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!"

Best Answer

@lfgalvao it's great to see you here. 

Thanks for the details shared on your post and for trying to solve this prior posting.

As per the information provided by Runkeeper this should be fixed by their end. Thanks for sharing this update with the Community. 

Have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes