Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync heart rate data with Apple Health

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

UpdateIt's funny how I'm still getting comments on this 2 years later,

Instead of having just the single data point synced it would be helpful to have, if not all the data points then at least a more precise average by minute syncing. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Enjoying life one step at a time…
Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

This definitely make sense. Third party applications can sync items from other third parties and then feed that info back into Apple Health, not sure if Google Health has similar method. For example, Siri Shortcuts can gather this data via the Fitbit API  then send it into the health app. 

Charge HR (retired) - Blaze - iPhone XR
Best Answer
0 Votes

You clearly have no idea how app development or the Fitbit business model works, yet you go around making these wild claims. Typical of an Android fanboy. 😉(Typed on my Galaxy S10.)

First of all, Fitbit is not Apple’s competitor. Secondly, the HealthKit API is free, extremely powerful and easy to use. I don’t know where you got the idea that there needs to be a “partnership” between Apple and Fitbit for them to use it.  Do you think there was a partnership between the Power Sync app Devs and Apple? 😂 I’m sure they (the single developer) made big deals in tall buildings for that one. 

So, now that the theory you pulled out of thin air is exposed, I’m sure you’ll ask “well, why doesn’t it sync then, smart guy?”. 

Money. Not Apple’s money, Fitbit’s. Apple HealthKit gives FREE, detailed analytics of dozens of types of health data. Fitbit makes money by selling you the analytics (via their “Premium” subscription)  on the data you recorded yourself on the tracker you own. If they were to send data to the HealthKit API their subscription rate would drop.

Typed on my Galaxy S10. 

Best Answer

Apple Health is a pretty simple API. I’m a full stack developer and it wouldn’t take a few days to get Fitbit data syncing to Apple Health. Fitbit is just being a baby because they see Apple Health as a threat. Which is likely a valid feeling. The only reason I wear a Fitbit is because I want to wear a regular watch and still track health. It’s kinda stupid looking to wear two watches. Fitbit should not battle Apple. They should embrace them and look for an acquisition so Apple can get into the non-watch health tracking arena. Focus on smaller better built devices that track health without being a watch. There is a big market of people who like regular watches and still want to track health. Dominate that space and get acquired. That would be my strategy if I was them. Digging your heals into the sand with a company like Apple isn’t a good idea. They can replace Fitbit’s entire company in one day if they came out with a non-watch tracker 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Currently, we don't have any information about working on an integration with Apple Health app. Some data can be synced between Fitbit and Apple Health through IFTTT. For more information, please visit this site and this article.

If there is any update about this topic, it should be communicated in this feature suggestion.

I am going to close this thread, but if there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to start a new topic.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes