Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Map My Run with Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There's one other thing I'd like help with. I've synced mapmyrun with my Fitbit but nothing happens. After I've ran with mapmyrun, I'd expect it to sync my run to Fitbit but it doesn't. Would you know how I can make that happen every time?
Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes
26 REPLIES 26

Hello @DivaMomVicki, I've noticed you are new around and its quite sometime you posted. Hope by now is all sorted out. When you sync activities using other integrations is just matter to be careful of not logging two activities at the same time that could duplicate your steps or other stats. As long there aren't cross activities synced between your accounts the information should be fine.

Catch ya later and hope to see you around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Consider me stupid I guess....I am sorry. How does the Fitbit ALTA sync with the MapMyFitness? I dont see anything synced over, but it is saying it is connected. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. Mapmyrun used to feed data to my Charge HR, but it appears to have stopped in the last few weeks. This thread claims Mapmyrun never fed to Charge HR, which I didn't find to be the case until a few weeks ago. Why would Fitbit change something to make the feed reverse it makes zero sense and my arm band is quickly becoming worthless. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Mlannum and @Brdy00, I'm sorry for not posting nothing recently on this board, but let me start with offering a warm welcome to our Fitbit Community.

@Mlannum I know its been a while since you posted, but I don't want this remain without a response. So MapMyFitness account will be updated each time Fitbit syncs once both of your accounts are connected. If this is not happening, try to revoke the access from your Applications Settings and re-link both of your accounts again.

@Brdy00 So far there has not been recent changes on the way how third party applications are syncing with Fitbit, specially from MapMyfitness apps. Note all these Apps belongs to the third party who developed the integration and is difficult we can do changes from our end. As you mentioned before, MapMyFitness activity doesn't sync to Fitbit. However is possible that you were using another third party app that make possible to sync with Mapmyrun and that app synced with Fitbit. If you want to learn more about this please refer to this solution from @haneefan.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have more questions.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

So HR from fitbit doesn't go across to map my run?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Gazzahoss, welcome to the Fitbit Community. Step history is synced to MapMyRun from Fitbit as long you keep syncing your tracker to your Fitbit account. However MapMyFitness activity doesn't sync to Fitbit.

Only the following data will be shared to Mapmyrun or all the apps of Mapmyfitness:

Fitbit > Distance > MapMyFitness apps
Fitbit > Calories > MapMyFitness apps 

Hope this information helps.

Best Answer

Five years late to this but I'm not sure if people are still asking the same question about one way syncing. Been using mapmyrun probably over 10 years but I only got my fitbit last Christmas. While syncing only from fitbit to mapmyrun and not the other way around is inconvenient, it DOES actually make a trillion sense. Fitbit has an app but it is a device first. Mapmyun is NOT a device. How does it not make sense for the hardware to track the activity before passing it on to the software? 

Best Answer
0 Votes