Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Party Heart Rate Option?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey all. Will Fitbit ever allow the use of third party straps for HR data? I've been a Fitbit lover since the Ultra. I've purchased many upgrades over the last couple of years (when my Ultra finally bit the dust because of a roller coaster). I've come to find out that I love the heart rate feature but for some reason (Starting with the Charge HR), I will get a rash at exactly the 6 month mark of having the device. I'm not allergic to anything, so I find it odd that support always says it's an allergic reaction. I also think it's odd that it doesn't happen until the 6 month mark of having the device.  I am currently using the Inspire (non HR) because of it, but I miss having heart rate available. Will the company ever allow us to use chest straps or arm bands to get the information over to Fitbit? It's a waste of product and resources to have to get devices replaced every six months. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Have you tried switching wrists occasionally?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Johnny - Sorry I am just seeing this. Yes, I would switch arms.. I would actually not wear it a few days, etc (following all support advice) before contacting them again and them being the ones to tell me it was an allergic reaction. I just find it odd that it wouldn't start until the 6 month mark. 

Best Answer
0 Votes