Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Treadmill run and strava sync?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi everyone, i have used fitbit surge for about 3week. Previously, i only ran free run so it worked correctly to sync with strava. But 2 days ago, i used it for treadmill run, but it didn't sync with strava. So i try free run and it worked properly.

So I would like to ask "is fitbit and sync treadmill run with strava?"
Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

Why do I need to sync it with ANY treadmill? The watch knows all the stats. It just refused to call it a "run", even though I ran.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see that some people are very upset that Fitbit won’t sync threadmill runs with Strava. It doesn’t work for me either. Some feel even cheated that their run wasn’t recognized and logged in Strava: “It just refused to call it a run even though I ran”.

My advice is: Get some perspective. You’re getting all worked up about your threadmill run syncing with a secondary system so your friends can see you ran.

Some people are worried about when their next meal will be. Others if they will survive a fatal illness. Some have to run away from their country by foot with their family in fear for their lives.

Chill, your Strava syncing issue isn’t a “problem”. It’s not even a nuisance. It’s an undeveloped feature for an non-essential application.

If your Fitbit is making you so upset, donate it to the local thrift store, pickup a trash bag and go clean your highway for exercise.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've found that Fitbit will grab the data from Strava if you enter it there
first. Works better anyway, since Fitbit doesn't do that great of a job
estimating distance.

But I really want to thank that last guy. I actually thought about other
people and decided to ship my Fitbit and phone to a guy in a migrant
caravan and now I have soooo many steps you guys! I think he's onto
something.
Best Answer

Love love love the switch from Garmin to Fitbit Iconic but.... my Strava will not sync when I use treadmills. This is kind of a big deal for me do would appreciate any solutions. Tx 

Best Answer

@Lumiere it's definitely a "first world problem" but then again so is most of what we concern ourselves with on a regular basis. Comparing problems doesn't help anything. Sure, getting bent out of shape over this while children are being held in concentration camps, for example, may seem out of line, but you don't know their stories and judging never helps.

For me personally, I use both a fitness tracker and Strava as inspiration to stay fit and healthy. I enjoy the healthy competition of challenges as it pushes me further toward my goals. Because of these tools I now plan to run the marathon.

Everyone has different values and while you may have meant well, you may have come across as hurtful to some. There are people who have careers as developers and who enjoy finding a solution to a problem like this. And Fitbit should be concerned as they may be losing customers to other companies such as Garmin or Polar.

@Fitbit: any updates since this problem was raised in 2015?? It's about time.

Thanks and peace out! 

Best Answer

Here's what I do to get my treadmill runs sync from my Fitbit to strava...

Because Fitbit only allows runs with a GPS to sync with Strava, which a treadmill run doesn't have, I'll record my treadmill run as a normal "run" on my Fitbit. Yes, I know, the GPS data is messed up for now but the distance is still tracked and that's what matters. Why? Because after that, your weirdly routed run will show up in Strava if your accounts are synced correctly because this run essentially does have a GPS signal since we logged it as a run. So then what I do is I go onto my laptop and edit the run. Select "Treadmill" as one of the tags. And boom, it logs it as a treadmill run and the GPS data disappears, you're left with distance, calories, etc. and it shows up as a treadmill run.

Hope this helped!

Best Answer

That's so helpful - thank you!!  As soon as the gyms open up again I will try that.

Best Answer
0 Votes