Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync or setup Withings scale

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Withings scale has been syncing fine until early afternoon eastern standard time Thursday, August 20th, 2020.

I've disconnected the link and tried resynchronization and if doesn't appear to pick up any new data/unsynchronized data.

Would anyone know if there's a current outage?

Best Answer
452 REPLIES 452

Hey.  Mine if back too.  Thanks for fixing this Fitbit.   A shame we had to go to WeightNet for slightly over 2 months but better late than never!

Best Answer

It started working again today ! yay !  at last, well done

Best Answer

Hello everyone! 

Recently our team applied some fixes that should help resolve this issue. Reading the last comments it seems that some users can confirm this so hopefully this will be the case for everyone. If you are still experiencing any issues please let us know in this thread.

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
Can you please repost the link to how/where we sync withings and Fitbit?
Best Answer

@fitkam I hope you are doing fine.

You can find instructions on how to link both platforms on Withings official help site, specifically this area.

Let me know how it goes.

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
Thanks! I was also thinking of this page: https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings. I've disconnected my Versa from the Weemple app I was using while waiting for Fitbit to fix this, and I think my direct connection btw Withings and Fitbit is working again. One other thing that might help is if you can offer an explanation of why it took so long to address this problem. People started reporting this in August and it's taken until nearly November to get this fixed. That created a lot of frustration and the absence of updates and letting users know what was happening created some negative feelings about your products and company. I'd like to suggest Fitbit provide an explanation as to why this took so long to correct, as well as that Fitbit provide more frequent and proactive updates so users know their concerns are being heard and acted on.

Best wishes, stay safe.
Best Answer

I completely agree. I want an explanation.

Best Answer

This link is not helpful. The link that you should have provided is https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings

Best Answer

@fitkam @Freedom4444444 thank you for reaching out.

I work with the information I get from the developers. In this case we (the moderators) didn't have too many updates so there wasn't a reason to post here. Still the developers were working on fixing this issue as you can see with the results you are having on the platform. Regardless I do thank you for sharing this feedback.

I'll be around.

Best Answer

So here's the thing. I am glad this was fixed. Not for me - I am enjoying my Apple watch and have moved on. But for others, glad it finally got attention.

Ideas for next time:

• Don't allow things to be "marked as resolved" in this forum, if the problem still exists. If it isn't resolved, it just makes the company seem dishonest, like they are trying to say it's not a problem.
  • Be transparent and overcommunicate. If you engineering teams had this on the backlog and had a fix scheduled in 6 weeks, say so.
  • If you are dedicated to keeping integrations going, say so, maybe bring in one of your senior product leaders to say so. If you are not, or only keeping the most important ones going, say that.
  • In an absence of information, assume people will assume the worst. This is especially important for Fitbit, given the dropping revenues and amount of churn.

Trust is hard to gain, and easy to lose. Always keep that in mind.

Best Answer

Please see Aaron's response to your message, it says it best.  More communication is always better than less, especially regarding customer service.  The fact that you didn't get updates from the developers should have prompted Fitbit to:  1) tell your customers what you knew, regardless of how little that might have been.  Simply confirming that the developers were aware and working on the issue would have been better than nothing, or posting that the problem was resolved before that was the case, and; 2) make sure the developers are keeping the moderators up to date, understanding that your role in communicating with the Fitbit customer community is key to company's success.  Passively saying that since the developers weren't sharing information, you didn't have anything to share with us misses critical parts of running a successful business, and may betray a negative aspect of the organization's culture that your customers might assume translates to your products, as well as your service.  Several posts on this and other support topics have reflected our collective disappointment in what appears to be a marked change in Fitbit's product and customer service quality, especially compared to when the company was new.  I understand things change but please also understand this applies to customer loyalty too.  Take all of this feedback as a gift and use it wisely.

Best Answer

Nothing personal at all @AlvaroFitbit .  You are in a tough spot.  But when the customers get this upset, we would hope you have access to the marketing folks or someone who needs to hear how much this issue is heating up and alienating customers.  Still feels like it was not a developer problem but a business issue but hey, you work there not us.  Such a long delay and misinformation has had many previously loyal customers looking at alternatives to the Fitbit platform.  Sorry if I am beating a dead horse here but someone other than the developers need to know the damage this causes.  Wishing you and Fitbit all the best and a better user experience going forward.

Best Answer

Is it just me?  Or has it stopped syncing again since Friday 13th???

Best Answer

It's still working for me, my last measurment is less than 2 hours ago. Maybe try to reconnect your account

Best Answer

No updates for me since Nov 9th.  Was it even a month that it worked?  What gives???

Best Answer

I've got the Weemple workaround going again - and I've just bought a new ScanWatch, so I've only got 4 weeks until I can forget about the FitBit/Withings link forever 😄

Best Answer

Mine has synced all last week, and as recently as 8AM today

Best Answer

I linked the Withings and Fitbit apps to automatically get my weight and fat% on my fitbit.  I was working fine. For the last 2-3 days it has not automatically updated.  So i have to keep relinking withings with my fitbit.  What is the problem?  Thanks

Best Answer

Just joined and it is not working for me.  Is there something I have to update?  I just bought this scale to help me.  I love the Fitbit App so I want this to work. 

Best Answer

Maybe @AlvaroFitbit can comment. The link has been shaky but looks to have re-stabilized recently.

Best Answer