Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync or setup Withings scale

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Withings scale has been syncing fine until early afternoon eastern standard time Thursday, August 20th, 2020.

I've disconnected the link and tried resynchronization and if doesn't appear to pick up any new data/unsynchronized data.

Would anyone know if there's a current outage?

Best Answer
452 REPLIES 452
We shouldn't need to use something like this after paying a lot for their products I think is more the point and that's straying away from their awful customer service

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

I don't know what team you are talking about but I went on support chat about this issue and a few days later I had a mail from support to ask me to unlink and then relink the withings scale. Guess what....... I didn't work. 

Best Answer
I was told several times to do the same over Facebook pm. I did if and was told that it was not connected. Zero resolution since August 19.

Dawn
Best Answer

I've gone to the chat and they were "surprised" this was happening

they had "never heard " of this connection issue before!

Best Answer

As I said, this is a commercial game.

Until the original integration get back to work, you can use Weemple WeightNet. Don't warry, your data are 100% secure and private. Is good that Fitbit and Withings allow this integration to work.

Best Answer

mine started failing back at the beginning of August. I keep trying to unlink and relink...nothing. The downloading data seems to just spin forever. Looks like there is a simliar thread on withings site as well: https://support.withings.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360013156418-No-longer-syncing-to-Fitbit?page=...

Best Answer
Again similar to me. Chat escalated it to the team that simply said unlink
and relink the withings account which did not solve the problem. Could not
relink with enabling historic downloads.
I have informed the team and waiting for an answer.
Best Answer

yeah didn't do anything for me! I got the same thing to escalate to the right team. I even tried to step on the scale and when you go look at the section where it links, there is an error.

Best Answer
you know, you can just enter the data manually if that's the case
Best Answer
Manually entering data? Sure, everyone has time for that. We bought the scale and the Fitbit for the functionality.

Dawn
Best Answer

Im saying that if you have to download more apps to make it possible you might as well take 20 seconds to enter it manually but that is not why we bought it

Best Answer

This is the nail in the coffin for my 5 year relationship with fitbit. I bought the withings scale after two separate aria scales stopped providing any metrics beyond weight. My versa 2 died days after purchasing it (this one was replaced by fitbit). The quality and customer support for their products have both completely tanked over the years. Sca watch here I come. 

Best Answer

I have even tried the ITTT (If This Then That) apps and they fail to link to the Fitbit gateway.  Problem is definitely on the Fitbit end and as we can see, they don't care.

Best Answer

Mine just started working.

Best Answer

Oops, NVM. False alarm.

Best Answer
Still no luck here 😞

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

I'm really bummed because I bought the Withings scale in August because it automatically uploaded data to both Fitbit (me) and Apple Health (my husband). Two weeks later, the Fitbit sync stop working. I'm a little more invested in Fitbit than Withings, but now it's too late to return the scale. I had a scale that I used to manually update my data. Now I have a second scale that allows me to .... manually upload my data.

Alta > Versa > Versa 2 > Sense
Best Answer

So, I'm pretty sure something is broken on Fitbit's side, because my Withings scale syncs up with Healthmate app with no issues. However, when I go to https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings and try to manually download data from Withings it gets stuck forever. The reason why this happens is because Fitbit's JS is broken, as you can see from this screenshot I did a quick inspect and the console has a parsing error: https://share.getcloudapp.com/P8uy0d2p

So this is a pretty straightforward bug, I don't know why are they ignoring this.

Fitbit, please fix your Withings integration!

Pixel 2, Android 11
Best Answer

I agree its on fitbits side as my withings scale links up to my fitness pal flawlessly as always! 

Best Answer

One more thing, here is a screenshot where we see that the server throws 500 (which is a code for internal server error): https://share.getcloudapp.com/Jrugjl0D
So the backend is broken for sure. Any unlinking/relinking, trying to download data or just trying to sync will NOT work until Fitbit fixes this!

Pixel 2, Android 11
Best Answer