Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync or setup Withings scale

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Withings scale has been syncing fine until early afternoon eastern standard time Thursday, August 20th, 2020.

I've disconnected the link and tried resynchronization and if doesn't appear to pick up any new data/unsynchronized data.

Would anyone know if there's a current outage?

Best Answer
452 REPLIES 452
Fitbit hasn’t updated since 9/15.
Best Answer

My new Fitbit Sense just showed up this morning and I noticed the Withings scale data wasn't syncing when I finished setting everything up... From reading through all of the comments, it seems like Fitbit should be able to provide a fix to this issue.

JL - A2
Best Answer

How is it possible that after more than 1 month we haven’t heard from fitbit about what’s going to happen? if they are not fixing the issue they should state that so we all can move from fitbit to other “environments” like samsung or google.

Best Answer

FYI, Google bought FitBit for $2.1 billion so I wouldn't go there.  Samsung is a pain and wants to own you... Apple, well there's Apple all the time.  So I think our only hope is Withings, if they come out with a killer watch soon.

Best Answer

Yeah, something is going on that they are not telling their customers.  Google might have something to do with it.  At this point, are just stringing their customers along and not being either forthcoming or honest about their intentions.  I believe there is no reason why they couldn't fix whatever is going on (there are other third party apps that sync with Withings scales and they work fine--for example, I can sync up to my Withings data from my Sportractive app.)  So Fitbit must be making some kind of policy decision that they just aren't telling us.  Apparently antagonizing part of the customer base is not something that concerns them.

Best Answer

acquisition still has some way to go as the EU still needs to approve. as such do not think  Google has anything to do with this issue especially given it would appear to stifle competition. that being said as Withings becomes more of a competitor to Fitbit with products such as the Scanwatch I wouldn't be surprised if Fitbit itself is reconsidering partnerships.  Also I think revenue from hardware sales ain't reliable and i think services like premium are increasingly important for survival as therefore the more data that can captured the more opportunity to push premium for weight tracking provided you have a fitbit scale. whatever is going on I wish they would just be upfront and  just issue a clear statement as opposed the vague messaging that has been shared.  if they cant fix this good luck with the sense updates.  

Best Answer

FYI Withings support is acknowledging this issue and their dedicated team is working to fix this issue. 

https://support.withings.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360012973397/comments/360003237798

It’s been more than one month though 😕

Best Answer

Is there already a solution? still does not work with me.

Best Answer
No solution. The unlink and relink solution posed by customer support has not worked for anyone since August.

Dawn
Best Answer

Withings now says they are aware and working on it but I still haven’t seen anything from FitBit.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. Last sync was 8/20 @ 6:43AM EST. Would love if either company would meaningfully reply/show they are working on this. 

Best Answer

Withings is working fine with all of my other services.  I think this squarely on Fitbit.

Best Answer
Hi everyone.

Thanks for the time taken to participate in the Community Forums. I apologize for the experience that you've had with your Withings scale not setting up or syncing with your Fitbit account. Our team is aware of the impact this has caused you and they're working hard to bring a solution as soon as possible. Your feedback has also been passed along and once I have more details, this thread will be updated.

If you need anything else, let me know.

Best Answer

Please define "they're working hard", because that's appear to be a false statement. Anyway, my Weemple WeightNet integration just work, for those that need a solution.

Best Answer

It’s over a month and no resolution not acceptable

Best Answer

there is lizzy the robot again. 😞

Fitbit please become human again please.....

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit "If you need anything else, let me know" Okay, then...

1. What change caused the Fitbit-Withings integration to break?

2. Why was this not tested and detected first? 

3. Why was the change not backed out when discovered?

4. Why is this taking so long to fix - it is now 41 days? 

5. Approximately, when will the problem be fixed?

6. Is Fitbit unambiguously committed to restoring the integration?

"We are aware and working on it" is far from adequate. Fitbit has been saying more or less the same for more than a month. The problem is not even the broken integration, it is the complacent and contemptuous attitude to users displayed in the technical response to the problem and the associated communications. 

Best Answer
Dawn
Best Answer

I've been having the exact same issue. I'm really disappointed in FitBit for not taking this issue seriously. If MyFitnessPal and other tiny companies can maintain their integrations FitBit should be able to do better.

Best Answer

Marking this as SOLVED is a joke. Fitbit, c'mon, you guys do integrations and APIs every single day. We need an ETA to fix this!

Best Answer