Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync or setup Withings scale

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Withings scale has been syncing fine until early afternoon eastern standard time Thursday, August 20th, 2020.

I've disconnected the link and tried resynchronization and if doesn't appear to pick up any new data/unsynchronized data.

Would anyone know if there's a current outage?

Best Answer
452 REPLIES 452

Weemple WeightNet was developed because there was another exactly situation like this, one year ago. If you want, you can use it, is free, and when the official integration get back to work, you can evaluate if you want to stay or switch back. For me nothing change, I'm a developer, but this web app was just an hobby. 😉

Best Answer

Thanks Mark! , im glad Devs like you exist.!

Ill just stay with your Weemple website service that fixes the yearly breakdowns

But im just disappointed by how Fitbit is handling this. 

Best Answer

Thanks a lot @rubz! Then I write you my IBAN for a free monthly fee.

I joke of course, don't worry 😁

Best Answer

The Weemple WeightNet Integration from @Mark81 works perfectly 👍 Many thnx 😄

Best Answer

Works Perfectlyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! Thanks @Mark81 !! how can I "invite" you a cup of coffee?

Best Answer

thanks @Mark81 does it transfer historical data or just new measurements?

it works for now

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner only the new measurements, for historical data I have developed a desktop app, but is not free.
Can't mention the name, because is not allowed by the forum rules, but you can find it on my website if wished.

Best Answer

After logging in and creating the clouds you want to connect, how do I sync the data.  Relying on Fitbit or Withings is so annoying.  This issue continues to happen over several years.  Thank you for you effort to fix.

Best Answer

After logging in and creating the clouds you want to connect, how do I sync the data. Relying on Fitbit or Withings is so annoying. This issue continues to happen over several years. Thank you for you effort to fix

Best Answer

@clemson if you mean with WeightNet, after having added the clouds, it will automatically sync the new measurements every minute, so the one done after the cloud setup. Just take a new measurement on your scale to test it. For the historical data, there is another app.

Best Answer

Do you know the other app for historical data?

Best Answer

@clemson I sent you a private message.

Best Answer

beyond frustrated with the glitchy fitbit 3rd party integration! I'm switching to an apple watch

Best Answer

@veeelo Fitbit and Withings provide API solution to allow 3rd party integrations. The Withings scale isn't anymore declared as "Fitbit compatible". Is not clear if their apps are still declared compatible to each other. Anyway, is better a web integration to handle this, instead of a mobile app. I don't think that they must provide an integration. But if there is a free 3rd party solution (and that respect privacy), why you should not consider it?

Best Answer

@Mark81thanks for providing us with a 3rd party solution, so I don't have to waste my time coding this 🙂

What I'm frustrated with is the fact that Fitbit broke its own backend and refuses to fix it for whatever reason. And I bought Withings scale because it was Fitbit compatible (there is no reason it shouldn't be anymore btw), and because Fitbit's scales are not on par with it.

Also, how is this issue Solved, Fitbit? Unless you literally dropped Withings integration, then I guess it is solved 😕

Pixel 2, Android 11
Best Answer
We should be notified if Fitbit no longer plans to be compatible with Withings scales.

Dawn
Best Answer

Withings don't declare their scale as Fitbit compatible. 😉

Best Answer
Is weemple an app?

Dawn
Best Answer
Best Answer

Mine stopped a couple months ago. It was working only for a couple of weeks before the issue hit and it stopped syncing. It won't manually sync either. There is no connection between my accounts even though Fitbit says the connection was successful. I contacted support and let them know that it's been weeks since this started, and there were literally hundreds if not thousands of Fitbit customers all talking about the same thing in their forums. They told me they were aware of it, yet there was no action being taken at this time. I told them I was disgusted with that answer, and that I would strongly consider switching to a Samsung watch instead if that's how they treat their customers. They let me know that was understandable Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. I get if they don't want to support a competitor's product, but the Fitbit scale doesn't do what the Withings scale can do. It's just a scale, so it's not the same product. Last year they had this problem after an update and they fixed it in days. This time around it's been months. This is not an issue they are working on. This is an issue they are intentionally ignoring.

Best Answer