Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync or setup Withings scale

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Withings scale has been syncing fine until early afternoon eastern standard time Thursday, August 20th, 2020.

I've disconnected the link and tried resynchronization and if doesn't appear to pick up any new data/unsynchronized data.

Would anyone know if there's a current outage?

Best Answer
452 REPLIES 452

@Mark81 I finally was able to get my email verified.  But I still can't get withings to update with fitbit.  Both are added; withings as source and fitbit as target.  Should I try to remove both and try it again?

Best Answer
Take a new recording and see if it works - it didn't transfer my historical
ones.
Best Answer

yes exactly, it transfer only the new measurements done after having setup the integration

Best Answer

I haven’t been able to sync too since the 20th! 
Fitbit responded on Twitter that’s a known issue but no further information, this is looking bad!! 

Best Answer

Same response so far for me. 

Best Answer

Great customer service.......essentially we will get to it when we get to it (if we ever do)

Best Answer

think over 60 people here should all goto twitter again @fitbitsupport

and other socials medias 

2 weeks 😞

Best Answer

@KateFitbit are we ever going to get some sort of response from you?! I've tagged you in this post twice now and messaged you directly and nothing

Best Answer

Just adding my 'me too' for having the same problem, not syncing Withings scale data with fitbit.  I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the accounts, no luck.  Hope this is fixed soon.

Best Answer

Don’t throw out the baby with the bathwater

I love my Fitbit and the Fitbit app.  I hate that they break the Withings connection at least once a year.

Weemple Weightnet is the answer.  Once you set it up it works as well as if Fitbit were doing the sync.  You no longer need to stress about  if and when they will fix it. It will just work.

In addition, @Mark81 is amazingly responsive.  He made  a mod to how pounds were converted within a day or two of asking him about it last year.

Best Answer

Thanks so much for sharing the tip about the Weemple Weightnet option!  Easy to set up and seems to be working fine.

Best Answer

260C7573-F089-409A-A6AB-A8F9723FEDA0.png

When I try to link my account I get “Exception receiving access token”. Non response response from Fitbit on Twitter. 

Best Answer

I gave up waiting for Fitbit and have unlinked my accounts. Weemple works fine.

Best Answer

Follow up. 

7DCD5ECC-7D49-4052-9F44-D57ADF8768F3.png

Best Answer

Just bumping this thread. I have got my weight coming in through IFTTT, and marked as 'manual' although it's not capturing fat percentage. I don't like IFTTT as it's a bit of black box.. I added a couple of withings-to-fitbit applets so I can't share which one (both?) worked. I have removed one to see if it still updates tomorrow. Will share with a link when I can confirm. Come on fitbit support... pick up the slack.

Best Answer

Me too, all very tedious  - getting this every year but previously it was at least solvable. I get the impression the developers are not too quick at sorting stuff like this.

Best Answer

My last sync with my withings scale was August 18.  Ive disconnected, reconnected, reset my trackers.  It shows my weight today on the laptop dashboard, but not the app.

Best Answer

I would like to thanks all the users that joined Weemple WeightNet. And don't warry, is an hobby for me, so is fully free and your privacy is guaranteed. Thanks!

But I'm sure that the Fitbit integration will also be back. Currently Fitbit is the best worldwide cloud/API environment!

Best Answer
Ohh man that’s awesome! Yep Weemple has been perfect- especially since
Fitbit has given up lol
Best Answer

@senfinger Fitbit provide a great API service, otherwise Weemple didn't exist.

P.S.: WeightNet was developed because requested on this forum on a previous outage.

Best Answer