Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync or setup Withings scale

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Withings scale has been syncing fine until early afternoon eastern standard time Thursday, August 20th, 2020.

I've disconnected the link and tried resynchronization and if doesn't appear to pick up any new data/unsynchronized data.

Would anyone know if there's a current outage?

Best Answer
452 REPLIES 452

If Fitbit cared at all about this integration problem and its users, it would do the following:

1. Apologise and sound like it means it

2. Explain what happened and the nature of the problem in reasonably accessible language

3. Explain why the problem was not anticipated (assuming it wasn't)

4. Explain why whatever change it made on 20 August cannot be backed out and what purpose that change serves

5. Convey a sense of urgency and responsibility, rather than lofty, laconic indifference

6. Communicate with users and build confidence that it isn't a cynical marketing gambit (if it isn't)

As it is, Fitbit is doing none of these things. It's not just the problem itself - stuff happens - but the underlying attitude that is the problem now.

Best Answer

@Clive_Bates That's a great list of things they won't ever do, I bet!

Best Answer

it's not really that big of an issue for me...

It takes about 60 seconds to read my weight on withings website, and enter it in the fitbit app, but it would have been nice if it worked 😉

a few posts up someone compared it to calling for a pizza - the analogy is, imo, not fair... it would be more like calling a competing pizza-vendor to deliver your pizza...

Best Answer
Forum posts disappearing is common with forums like this where they are
moderated by the company they are about. Moderators often try and make
things look less serious than they are by removing posts that don't fit
their narrative.
Best Answer

@Kallestrup_DK as software developer I must always provide an ETA. The same is for a pizza chef.

Best Answer

@Mark81 Depending on what kind of development you're doing, you probably have to make an estimate first, so that you client can get a quote or perhaps you got a project manager that prioritizes the tasks at hand? 
in my experience free of charge services or "nice to have" features, is not a high priority.
I'm guessing that withings made a breaking change in their interface, unless fitbit fixed something that wasn't broken 😉

Best Answer

@Kallestrup_DK there was no change on the Withings and Fitbit API. Otherwise also my integration had an interruption. Or maybe their integration don't use the public API.

Best Answer

Fitbit breaks this feature about once a year.. if you research Withings in the search bar... you will see it reoccurs yearly.. They usually fix it a couple of months later....sigh

Samsung Galaxy S8, Sense
Best Answer

Fantastic solution - worked a treat and completely hassle free and costs nothing. 
mam completely fed up of Fitbit not being responsive to 3rd party apps. 
I love Fitbit but their lack of concern or response means that I’ll definitely be moving away from them in the future. IFTTT just brought them a little more time. 

Best Answer

My Charge 3 died so I got a Charge 4 which was working fine with my scale until what seems to be the magic date of August 20, 2020. Fitbit never responds to my inquiries. 🙁

Best Answer

I followed the directions to setup accounts and it did not work. 

Best Answer

Same with me. I can’t get it to work. Unhappy customer. 

Best Answer

same for me: last sync on 20th of August.....

Best Answer

Has anyone got a workaround going on IFTTT or anything like that?

Best Answer

@Christo3 an alternative, at least until the Fitbit integration return operative, is Weemple WeightNet.

Best Answer

I have the same issue. My last sync was around August 18, and no updates since. I've unlinked and re-linked, but no update in weight. New weights are showing up on my Withings account, but not Fitbit.

Best Answer

I can't get weemple weightnet to work; still haven't received my verification email either.

Best Answer

Weemple took an hour or so to get the verification email, plus it went into my spam folder. They could be overloaded with new accounts arising from this issue, too, maybe?

Best Answer

Strange, I just checked now, and I immediately received the verification e-mail.
I have done a change, maybe the risk that the e-mail goes to the SPAM folder is less.

For the integration issue, please make sure that you add a source and at least a target. The integration work also if the e-mail isn't verified.

Best Answer

Hi, do you have any updates?

Best Answer