Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync or setup Withings scale

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Withings scale has been syncing fine until early afternoon eastern standard time Thursday, August 20th, 2020.

I've disconnected the link and tried resynchronization and if doesn't appear to pick up any new data/unsynchronized data.

Would anyone know if there's a current outage?

Best Answer
452 REPLIES 452
Does it sync entire body composition?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Yes, Weemple synchronizes body composition and weight.

Best Answer

@Aric  With Fitbit saying that they don't expect this to change in "the immediate future" despite scraping data off Withings site being dead easy (once you give Fitbite your Withings login information), I think it's pretty clear that Fitbit doesn't want this to change.

Best Answer

Of course Fitbit doesn’t want it fixed. They want you to buy their scales which is nowhere near the quality of Withings. They make changes that benefit them as in the issue with Comcast routers that To this day have never been fixed. 

Best Answer

Based on what @Mark81 says above I think I may understand part of why Fitbit may have decided to break (or not fix) it's Withings import wizard.  If Withings allows export and synchronization of its devices' data to other companies' apps and websites, but doesn't synchronization of data into it's app or allow imports, other than manual imports of data files, into it's app and website, it is in effect trying to encourage people using another company's products and apps to buy its equipment, while trying not to make it easy for users of its own products and services to add equipment from another seller.  Fitbit could rightfully think that it doesn't owe Withings access to it's existing customers when Withings doesn't reciprocate.  I wonder if the companies are negotiating this?  But, no matter what, neither company should break a link that it's customers have already replied on in making their purchase decisions.  That's Amazon-level punishment of customers for doing business with competitors.

Best Answer
My take is the API between the two systems is broken and has a lower
priority to be fixed, nothing more. Fitbit is focusing on adding features
and enhancements to their product line and just launched several new
products. While the broken integration is a pain in the **ahem**, it will get
fixed at some point. For the short term using IFTT to synch the data works
perfectly.
Best Answer
Is this just on desktop rather than an app? I don't seem to be able to find it on the play store.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Agreed. I think some of this complexity of product launches is being glossed over in this thread.

From an API perspective, there's no reason this shouldn't work based on what i see in the documentation... The only "gotcha" i see is the 120 request per minute limit on the Withings end, which Fitbit could easily blow through if they aren't batching the requests.

Best Answer
I don't know if the problems are technical or are being driven by some
alleged genius in the marketing department. What they do for me is change
my attitude from an automatic "buy another FItbit" when my old gadget dies
to "Let's look at other companies, maybe they are better now"
Best Answer

I've been trying to fix this problem for days like everyone else. Glad I found this forum post. I can not believe they are aware of this (intentional?) issue, and may never fix it. As others have said, it simply looks like they no longer want to support the competition.

We have had nothing but continuous issues with our Fitbits since we have bought them. Support has been abysmal. This removal of a key feature is just the last straw. I won't ever buy another Fitbit product again. 

Best Answer

@123DCP At the moment only Fitbit and Google provide a full API service to their cloud. And this is valuable. Some others like Under Armour provide only partial API service. And others have no historical data or are read-only.

Best Answer

Agree with you 1,000%. If didn't have a perfectly good Charge HR3, I would be shopping for a new tracker. I switched to Withings Scale because I got tired of fighting my Aria and having to keep changing the batteries and fighting for it to even take a weight. I do believe this is on FitBit's side. I can see the connection between FitBit and Withings on both accounts but FitBit fails to send. Once my tracker dies, I'm leaving FitBit behind. FitBit is simply not worth the hassle and as they only provide lip service when there is an issue.

Best Answer

Just got this DM from FitBitSupport

"We have no specific timeline at the moment. We’re aware of this issue, but may not be able to provide a fix in the near future. Nevertheless, we'll continue to monitor the situation and keep our team informed of its impact. Thanks for your patience."

Best Answer

@MichaelTapp I'm a software developer, but if I answer on this way I would be fired. Fitbit is playing a game. Or moderation can't talk to the developers.

Imagine if we call for a pizza: "For your pizza we have no specific timeline at the moment. We’re aware of your order, but may not be able to provide a delivery in the near future. Nevertheless, we'll continue to monitor the situation and keep our team informed of its impact. Thanks for your patience."

Moderation, if you remove this post, you will confirm the problem. Please show that you can handle it, and talk with your developers.

Best Answer

Two of my 4 posts in this topic have disappeared. Ive never seen that kind of thing happen before, so im worried that besides the sync issue, these community forums may also be having problems. 

I hope Fitbit can stay in business.  They have very good trackers and watches.  They are even more valuable (perhaps the most valuable in the industry) when syncing to other apps and services and devices from other companies is working.  Over the last 2 years, Fitbit + Withings sync has been flawless.

Lets hope the best for Fitbit.  Id like to see them thrive, having earned full customer support.  But this means fixing the integration that is still down in its second week now.

Best Answer

So, I wrote the German Fitbit support and they replied within two hours:

Thank you for letting us know that you have connected your Withings scale to Fitbit and we regret that it has not synced since August 20th.
Thanks for your feedback from the community. We appreciate the time and effort you put in resolving this issue before contacting us.
We would like to inform you that we are already working on a solution.
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

That reads a little different, than what you got "... We’re aware of this issue, but may not be able to provide a fix in the near future. ...".

So either the German support knows more than @FitBitSupport (which I doubt ;)) or they're all just fu***ing with us...

Either way, really terrible communication in this case.

Best Answer

@geschan Well, maybe the implication that they're not trying that I saw in the English help message was accidental.  We can hope at least.

Best Answer

@Georgia0802 If You're asking about the Weemple weightnet option, you just sign up for it on a website (weemple.com/weightnet I think).  Then they collect your data from your Withings account and upload it into your Fitbit account.  The only app you need to use to see the data is the Fitbit app.  They do all the work.

Best Answer

I have Healthmate and Fitbit linked to share weight data from the scale into Fitbit. Fitbit was last able to get data on 2020-08-20. It hasn't worked since. I've tried the steps listed on the link page Withings Scale Integration Link but not appear to work.

• "Download all data" - Operation seems to spin and not complete. Maybe I'm not patient enough?
  • "Unlink and relink account" - I'm able to unlink and then go through the link process that takes me to the Withings page. I'm unable to import historical data. Also, "Download all data" still doesn't import any data and new weight measures still aren't showing up in the app.
Best Answer

I have the same issue. Last log was 19th August 2020. Been working fine for three years.

Tried all the suggestions and none seem to work.

Will find another tracker some time soon.

Best Answer