Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite Exercise Calories vs. Peloton Calories

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

i’ve been using Fitbit for a decent amount of time now. And I am fairly new to Peloton. Recently I have been trying to track all of my calories as well as the calories that have been burned. I am noticing that when I set my Fitbit versa light to exercise mode on bike setting, the calories burned are far more than the calories that Peloton syncs for the same 20 minute ride. I am trying to figure out which calories are the calories I’m actually burning. I hope someone can help! Again I am very new to the healthy lifestyle so just trying to track and monitor everything.  For example for a 20 min ride, peloton says I burned 153 calories where fit bit Bike exercise setting says 327 calories. I do not have a heart rate monitor connected to the peloton so is this what could be the issue? Someone HELP! 🙂 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

@Demersjaclyn A warm welcome to the Community. Thanks for mentioning that you're using Fitbit and Peloton. 

The calories burned that Peloton are showing might be an average of what you should burn. However, I'd recommend to contact them for more information on how they are tracked. 

In regards to Fitbit device, it combine your basal rate (BMR)—the rate at which you burn calories at rest to maintain vital body functions (including breathing, blood circulation, and heartbeat)—and your activity data to estimate your calories burned. If your device tracks heart rate, your heart-rate data is also included, especially to estimate calories burned during exercise. The number you see on your Fitbit device is your total calories burned for the day. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes