Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight Watchers and Syncing All you need to know

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am 99.9% sure I can give you the scoop on the WW and Syncing of your devices with FitBit.

First - Once connected, sync will be automatic. Timing is out of your control, but it does happen a few times a day. That is not what this is about. This is how to get your device to work with Weight Watchers.

Go to Weight Watchers and under account. There on the left go to Cutomize your Stragety.

Under that you will see Connected devices and apps. Regardless of what it says (Mine says none) click See All. You should see a list of devices. If you did this prior you will see yours listed.

The real key here is, when you go to do this, or if you tried before, if you DO NOT get the prompt to put in your account name/password, it WILL NOT WORK! No if, ands, or but(t)s to it.

If your devices is listed, disconnect the device. Now after you do that you MUST (and I don't know why this is) YOU MUST log out of Weight Watchers.

Now go into your FitBit account and go to settings. From there go to Applications on Left. You should see your Weight Watchers Application listed. If you DO Click on the Revoke ACCESS. 

NOW LOG OUT of FitBit - Again, I don't know why but you MUST. 

I think it has someting to do with locking your settings until you sign out (Both WW and FitBit)

Now go back to Weight Watchers and go to the account/Customize/See All and now when you click on FitBit you should see at the bottom for you to give a email and Password, and the Agree Button. It's when you see this you know you got it. If you don't see it, it WILL NOT WORK. and you need to start over again. On my wifes, I did this 3 times.

If you go back and sign into FitBit, Account Setting/Applications you should see the WW app listed. Note: Nothing really looks different here.

Now go back into Weight Watchers and if you go to the  account/Customize/See All, you will again see the fitbit listed at the top. (I say again if you this before)

Now you may have to be patient  before it will show. On my fitbit it took 12 hours to show.

The way you can verify - is when you sign into the WW app, go to the Activty TAB. Thats the TAB under the Daily Remaining. If you see Fitbit listed (even if its a zero) it is communicating. If it shows 0 (Zero) Now is when you need to get off your butt and do some walking or excerise for 20 minutes minimum to get at least a 1 there. Good luck and if this is not working, reply to me and I will try to help.

The KEY is for the WW part to ask for that username (Email) and password. other wise how does it authorize your info! 

Your Friendly neighborhood Computer Tech,

Larry W

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

The advice given on getting to synch with WW sounded right on; but I cannot disconnect. I only get to press the disconnect button. WW broke the connection on their end and even after 24 hrs, I still cannot disconnect in order to try again and get the confirmation I need. Any ideas out there?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That was terrific advice.  Thanks very much.  It worked perfectly and my activity earned is now showing.

Cheers.

Linda

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did all you listed - and I see my fitbit under the tracker.  I have over 10,00 steps for yesterday and nothing is showing under fitbit.  How many steps to get a 1.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried the above but my manually added activities I've added on Fitbit (spinning, bodypump etc) have not been converted to activity points on weight watchers when they were before. Only the steps I've taken have been converted. Really frustrating as I input calories burnt from my heart rate monitor onto Fitbit app and it's so convenient usually. But not for over the past week 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

Under the fitbit  - under applications the weight watchers access is not showing so cannot revoke access.  How do I get this to show.?

Best Answer

Thanks for your help with this. I have gone on the WW chat three times and still don't seem to be connected to Fitbit. When I go to my WW account it says I am connected, but so far I don't see any activity points showing up. According to my Fitbit dashboard I took 7,183 steps today, climbed 35 floors of stairs and covered 3 miles. Should that be enough to get at least one point?

Yesterday I did 11,407 steps and 38 floors. Since I got the Fitbit 8 days ago I have walked 26 miles (I got a marathon badge today), but I have not received any WW points for activity.

I guess I don't understand where the activity tab is on the WW app -- could you go over that again?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I do not have an option Customize Strategy under account on the WW Site. I have disconnected and reconnected 5 times, and I still cannot get my fitbit to track my points on Weight Watchers. It was tracking mt steps okay, then the fitbit points were at zero. WW had me revoke WW on the Fitbit site and the WW site, they had me disconnect and reconnect. I did all of this, but Weight Watchers is not showing as a Fitbit Application

anymore.  Please help me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve got my Fitbit steps loading into my weight watchers app but my food records are not going in the other direction. ie - to my Fitbit app. I thought the instructions said I was supposed to make food entries into the WW app and they would sync into Fitbit. There are some entries arriving - well - breakfast every day - except today’s is not what I logged on WW.   ?????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Lyndiloopoo.

In the case of WW, only information from Fitbit crosses over into the other side. No information from WW will be transferred to your Fitbit account or device.

Maybe you could make the suggestion to WW to change that up and have some details move into Fitbit too. 

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
That’s a shame.
Food input into My Fitness Pal moves over!
I suppose I’ll have to add food in twice if I want those details on Fitbit app.
Probably shan’t bother.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Below is a screenshot which is showing me allowing Weight Watchers (when I tick the allow all box) to send to my FitBit account. It seems to imply food etc will come across to Fitbit  

869FEF34-FB80-45CD-A472-F552ABCEE822.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure why I am getting this question. I do use a Fitbit but am no longer involved with Weight Watchers. I think I may have had the same problem you are having, but I don’t think I ever solved it.

Moderator edit: Removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Lyndiloopoo and @60sgal

@60sgal You can unsubscribe from the thread by going all the way to the top and clicking on the little gear icon. There, click Unsubscribe and you will no longer receive any emails regarding this thread. Hope that helps.

@Lyndiloopoo That would be a general permissions page. While WW has the permission to write stuff on Fitbit, it doesn't really do it. Since this integrations are mostly developed by the third parties I wouldn't be able to tell you exactly why that is.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ww app and Fitbit are connected but where do I see it on the app

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Lesley1967.

Glad to read that the apps do seem to be connected.

In this case, I'd like to ask what is it that you'd like to see in the app? I do not fully understand what information you want to see or get.

I look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don’t know how this question came to you. I have had my Fitbit for several years now, and it works very well, as does the app.
Ann
Best Answer

Hello @60sgal.

I'm very glad to read that you are having a good experience with your Fitbit!

This was sent to you because you are subscribed to this thread from when you posted on it several years ago. You can unsubscribe from it by clicking on the gear icon at the very top of the thread and then selecting the option to unsubscribe. That will cause the emails from other users who happen to find this thread and post on it to not be sent to you.

If you ever have the time feel free to visit our Discussion boards. Lots of topics to talk about with other users.

I hope you continue enjoying your Fitbit journey! Do not hesitate to reach out if you need any assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried every suggestion.  When I scroll down on the activity page In WW it does say to sync with my Fitbit,  I’ve done that a bunch of times.  I do not find my “account”.   It also shows 0 for Fitbit, however I walk more than 10,000 steps a day and nothing registers on any of my days.  I’m so frustrated.  There is a breakdown somewhere, I just can’t find it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Larry, I tried your fix and all went as you stated but still no link up. WW did tell me their is a problem  snycing with fitbit. But WW did not tell me if or when it will be fixed. If you have any other tricks that I may try, I am open to give it a try. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes