Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Fitbit products track runs to sync with Strava?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 2 has just given up the ghost however I have been given a discount from Fitbit towards another watch.

Ideally, I'd like one where I can start and stop a run by my watch and it automatically upload it to Strava.

At the moment, I'm having to unlock my phone which won't recognise my fingerprint (sweaty hands), also I risk dropping it when getting out of my pocket etc.

If possible, please could you let me know which of the Fitbit products have this sort of feature?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Community @Zissou10. Thanks for the details mentioned, I'll be happy to clarify your question about Strava. 

Your Fitbit activities will appear on Strava, and runs and rides tracked with Strava will contribute to your all-day Fitbit stats. If you have a Fitbit watch, use the Strava app on your watch to see your last 10 run or bike exercises. If you want to export your GPS data from your Fitbit account to Strava, see How do I export Fitbit data?

Any Fitbit device that has GPS will help you with this. You can learn more about it by checking this article: How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app?

I'll be around if you have any other questions! Robot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Community @Zissou10. Thanks for the details mentioned, I'll be happy to clarify your question about Strava. 

Your Fitbit activities will appear on Strava, and runs and rides tracked with Strava will contribute to your all-day Fitbit stats. If you have a Fitbit watch, use the Strava app on your watch to see your last 10 run or bike exercises. If you want to export your GPS data from your Fitbit account to Strava, see How do I export Fitbit data?

Any Fitbit device that has GPS will help you with this. You can learn more about it by checking this article: How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app?

I'll be around if you have any other questions! Robot Happy

Best Answer

Thank you.

Best Answer

Hi again,

I've been doing some research online and am I right in saying "connected GPS" will need my phone in close proximity for it to track my activities?

Ideally I'd like a new watch/tracker where I can leave my phone at home, go for a run and track that run with my watch, and have it sync to Strava once I've finished.

Of the Fitbit trackers, watches etc do you know which ones come with a GPS that would tick those boxes for me?

Thanks 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Zissou10. Yes, there are some devices that will need your phone in close proximity because they don't come with GPS. However, Fitbit Ionic is the only one that comes with GPS built in, you can learn more about it by checking the Product Manual

I'll be around if you need further assistance. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes