Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Fitbit sync activities to MFP?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

MFP food data syncs with my Versa 2 without issues. Fitbit steps sync to MFP without issue. But I also do a tracked HIIT workout every day and that never syncs to MFP even though it's in my Fitbit app. I tried manually adding it to MFP but then it syncs back into the Fitbit app as, esentially, a duplicate workout. Tried all the usual tips: de-sync, log out, log in, re-sync... always the same issue.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@shaolinka Welcome back to the Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried prior to posting.

Fitbit will sync steps, calories and scale measurements and MyFitnessPal will sync logged food and activities. This is why when you log an activity on MFP, you see it duplicated on Fitbit. Learn more about it by checking this post

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So if you add an activity manually to my fitness pal and it duplicates on Versa 2 - isn't that adding too many calories burned due to duplication on fitbit? If fitbit records steps and I also have activity for pickleball and biking - should I add pickleball and biking info manually to MFP?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Obxgrrl Hi there. 

If an activity has been tracked in one place, there's no need to log it again because the calories burned have been counted. If pickleball and biking has been tracked with your Versa 2, there's no need to manually log the activity on MyFitnessPal because then this activity will sync again to Fitbit and this could end in duplicating calories burned. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
When Fitbit syncs to MFP it only shows steps as activity. Are heart rate and calories burned when synced to MFP converted somehow? Calories burned on Fitbit are much higher than calories left to eat on my MFP plan - and usually the Fitbit adjustment is lower than calories actually burned in Pickleball especially. I do have my MFP set to enable negative calories.

Trying to make sense of this but definitely want calorie adjustment accurate as can be. Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Obxgrrl Heart rate won't sync to MyFitnessPal. However, calories burned will sync to MFP and make an adjustment if necessary, learn more about it by checking this article: What is the Calorie Adjustment in my Exercise Diary? 

If you're seeing a discrepancy between Fitbit and MFP calorie allowance, follow these steps to adjust them: MyFitnessPal: How to correct calorie discrepancy from MFP to Fitbit 

If the adjustment is negative this indicates the partner's reported calorie burn is lower than what MyFitnessPal’s has already provided for you. By default, MyFitnessPal will show you only positive calorie adjustments. 

Have a great week. 

Best Answer
0 Votes