Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Fitbit sync with Apple Health App?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Trying to add Fitbit as source for data for Apple Health App, is that possible?
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

At the moment fitbit does not integrate with apple's health app. A lot of people would like it to and the feature request for it is very popular (see: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Integrate-with-iOS-8-Health-App/idi-p/319432 )

Whether or not fitbit would want to integrate with something that could be seen as a competitor is an interesting question. Feel free to add your vote to the feature request but I wouldn't get your hopes too high.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

At the moment fitbit does not integrate with apple's health app. A lot of people would like it to and the feature request for it is very popular (see: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Integrate-with-iOS-8-Health-App/idi-p/319432 )

Whether or not fitbit would want to integrate with something that could be seen as a competitor is an interesting question. Feel free to add your vote to the feature request but I wouldn't get your hopes too high.

Best Answer
Dianna, Try Data Manager or Sync Solver.
Best Answer
So far the only thing that works best to accomplish this is Myfitnesssync http://www.bickster.com/myfitnesssync---instructions---ios.html.

Best use of $2.99 I've ever spent.
Best Answer

Hi there @SunsetRunner, @SunsetRunner and welcome aboard to our Community @DiannaDZ and @Deejay23.

Many users have requested an integration of the Apple Health app with Fitbit and at the moment as @SteveH mentioned before is not possible. Although we have that popular feature Suggestion where you can share your vote.

Many of the integrations, happen by initiative of the third party services since are they who developed the API. Although there are other alternatives as the @Deejay23 mentioned.

See you around and thank you for your comments.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been tracking my activity with the health app on my IPhone for many years.  I do have Windows 10.  Could you please tell me how to sync it with my new Fitbit cahrge 2?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm afraid there has been no change with this. It's still not possible to sync your iOS health app and fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your reply.  I really hate this!  I'm thinking about returning my Fitbit.  I have so much data on my IPhone 😞
Best Answer

Hi there @CarolLMS, I'm glad to see you have joined our Fitbit Community. So far is as @SteveH mentioned before. Is not possible to sync with iOS health app although I been searching and sounds like this Feature Suggestion for a HealthKit integration is something you would be interested in. If you do, feel free to share your vote and leave your comments.

See you around and hope this helps.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Yes there are two apps that will sync between the two: myFitnessSync and Power Sync for Fitbit.  I am trying the first, but the second is free.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @looknup, it's nice to have you here in the Fitbit Community. Thank you for sharing this information with us. I'm wondering how it goes so far? There are many app integrations like the one you have mentioned that are not officially supported, but are able to work with Fitbit.

I'm sure the information you are providing will be very helpful for other fellow users too.

See you around and stay tune to the Fitbit Community.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. It is possible. I just tried today and it worked. Here is how u do. Open Fitbit app > on the right top corner, click rectangle contact card like icon. It shows your account info with the watch configured already. Select "setup a device" > setup as mobile tracker( at the bottom of the screen) > then go back to Fitbit home screen > click left top corner and do sync now. It adds up health data steps and other values and display it in Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I’m hoping this is something that can happen I’d love to have my sister join an she wants to join but has a Apple Watch . I love my Fitbit an I’m not going to change to apple an love the community that supports healthy living . Great team on here . I so understand the underlying issue here though an it’s not going to change my choice of staying with Fitbit. Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here’s something the Fitbit team isn’t Telling you.  There are third party apps that will sync your Fitbit app to the IPhone health app.  I’m using one called Power Sync and it’s free.

Best Answer