Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withings / Nokia - Unable to authenticate Withings user.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been trying for two days to link my wife's FitBit account with our Withings scale. Using the following link https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings it will always result in the same error.

"Unable to authenticate Withings user. Withings server returned the following error: Unknown status code."

How do we address the account linking issue shown above?

I was able to link my account a year ago, but I recently tried to link my wife's Fitbit account with her Withings profile and it didn't work. 

I've added  a screenshot below. Note: It's occurring on the FitBit page to link the Withings scale.

Error ExampleError Example

Best Answer
134 REPLIES 134

Can you confirm if/when we will see app connectivity between Nokia Health App and Fitbit?  Withings produced body composition scales and were recently acquired by Nokia who all but ruined the previous Withings app. It would be great if the scales could feed info into Fitbit app!!

Best Answer

Hi there @AndyChall123, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community. I have seen many feedback about this integration after it was acquired by Nokia. 

Regarding your question about a connectivity between Nokia Health app and Fitbit, note many of the third party integrations are not developed by us and we don't have the control over this data or how it will be interpreted by these services. In this case it would be recommendable to contact Nokia customer support to learn more about their future plans.

As far as I know you can link your Withings scale measurements to your Fitbit account. For more help go here to use the Withings Connection Wizard.

Hope this helps. See you until the next time.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Hi Roberto, many thanks for your response. I have now linked the data via the wizard which worked very well thanks and I can see all my health readings on my Fitbit dash. Perfect solution 😉👍

Best Answer

Alternatively, you can also consider Weemple WeightHub app.
It can sync body weight data from Withings Health Mate to Fitbit Platform.
Available from here: www.weemple.com

Best Answer

Same problem. Just got a new Withings scale, attempted to link, and got the exact same error.

Best Answer

I submitted a case to Withings as well. I’d advise you to do the same so that they know this issues is occurring. 

Best Answer

I did too, as soon as I encountered the error. Got the typical "we'll reply in 24 hours" e-mail. Hopefully they will!

Best Answer

Got a reply of the typical e-customer support non-helpful variety. Put in the spoiler below. The link they provide lists Fitbit as a partner but only mentions that you can import data from Fitbit into Health Mate. And it doesn't give instructions for doing so.

I replied mentioning this, but suspect I'll just get another unhelpful script-based response at this point. 

Spoiler

I have included a link which will take you to a list of many of our partners. Select the partner on this list and you will be provided with instructions on how to link your account to them. Keep in mind that we work with many partners and not all are on this list. If you do not see the partner on the list you must contact them directly for instructions on how to link your account.

Do let us know if we can assist you with anything else.

https://www.withings.com/eu/en/health-mate-partners

Best Answer
0 Votes

It says "Unable to authenticate Withings user. Withings server returned the following error: Unknown status code" when trying to login with Withings account / password.

Best Answer

Not sure if is related, but on November 30, Withings closed OAuth 1.0.
They migrated to OAuth 2.0 and the client must support HTTPS with SNI and TLS 1.2.

Maybe a developer need to upgrade the source code.

Best Answer

Withings provides me another unhelpful response as well.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm so sorry to hear that the data on your Fitbit won't link to your app. I'll be more than happy to assist you on this matter.

Could you please try to log out, reboot your phone and log back in on both apps and let me know if it will connect.

Could you please also provide a screenshot of the error message you are getting.

I'm looking forward to your response regarding this matter.

Thank you and have a good day!

Best regards,

James

Customer Service | Withings

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm getting the same issue, Withings have emailed me to say it's now fixed. 

Dec 6, 23:41 CET

Hello,

Thank you for that information. My name is Chris, and your case has been referred to me while Jessie is out of the office.

We just had this recent update about Fitbit syncing concern and I am happy to tell that this is already fixed. If you still cannot sync your data, could you please try to log out from your Fitbit and Health Mate account, reboot your phone then log back in and try to sync your data.

Thank you and have a good one!

Best regards,

However, it doesn't work. 

Best Answer

Based on the message, it looks like they think you're talking about app syncing between the Fitbit and Health Mate apps on your phone, and not the API that we've been linking to.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I replied and corrected them.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Latest reply claims that one can only import info from Fitbit into the Health Mate app. However, this response is again assuming that I'm trying to hook up the app to Fitbit, and not simply query the API. I have another app on my android phone that queries Withings (and doesn't go through Health Mate app to my knowledge) called Libra that's working just fine.

I asked the tech support person about whether her reply also applies to the API and am awaiting clarification. Here's specifically what she said:

Upon further investigation, you can connect your Fitbit account to us and we are able to transfer data from your Fitbit to our own Health Mate account, however, we are not able to transfer data from the Health Mate app to Fitbit. For more information about this, I have included a link below as your reference.

https://www.withings.com/us/en/switch-to-withings

My apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm dealing with the unhelpful support people well. They keep going in circles. My best guess is that Withings changed something with the rebranding (yet again), breaking Fitbit compatibility. It seems those who still have a connection (which broke last week) have it working again. But those trying to establish a new connection can't make it. I wish I hadn't followed Fitbit's advice to delete and recreate the connection.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dears,

I'm trying to link my Withings scale with my Fitbit Charger 3 using this link:

https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings

But when I enter my withings credentials, I got rejection due to invalid credentials...while they are working fine when I connect withings site.

Any idea?

Best Answer

Hello everyone.

Thanks for sharing your concerns, experiences and feedback on the matter.

While the message is showing up on the Fitbit website, I'd like to mention that these third-party integrations are not developed or handled by Fitbit and are handled by the third-parties themselves. Because of that, the best process is to get in touch with Withings like lots of you have already tried.

Let me know if there are any other questions I can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer