Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withings / Nokia - Unable to authenticate Withings user.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been trying for two days to link my wife's FitBit account with our Withings scale. Using the following link https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings it will always result in the same error.

"Unable to authenticate Withings user. Withings server returned the following error: Unknown status code."

How do we address the account linking issue shown above?

I was able to link my account a year ago, but I recently tried to link my wife's Fitbit account with her Withings profile and it didn't work. 

I've added  a screenshot below. Note: It's occurring on the FitBit page to link the Withings scale.

Error ExampleError Example

Best Answer
134 REPLIES 134

IFTTT didn't work for me. I have tried 2 applets and they both gave me the error: "Invalid date: 2019-01-09. Date in future."

The applets I tried were:

1. https://ifttt.com/applets/wxcRrC3y-sync-weight-measurements-between-your-withings-scale-and-fitbit

2. https://ifttt.com/applets/92948950d-withings-to-fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

As others have said please could the Fitbit developers fix this. It does not look like a difficult thing to do seeing as others in the thread have told you what the issue is. Migration from oauth1 to oauth2. 

It seems pathetic that it has take Fitbit so long to fix this and does not say anything positive about the future of the company if they don’t fix such a simple problem. 

Best Answer

Same here. Any news in how ro fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

ifttt only syncs the weight, not the fat %

Best Answer
0 Votes

Weemple WeightHub, a desktop app, can sync all weight data types, supported on both side. In this case weight and fat. Maybe some one is interested. Is available here: www.weemple.com

Best Answer
0 Votes
Correct! ...but IMHO I figure that it’s better than nothing until they correct this issue...

Jeremy Vickers

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files contain information intended for the exclusive use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any viewing, copying, disclosure or distribution of this information may be subject to legal restriction or sanction. Please notify the sender, by electronic mail or telephone, of any unintended recipients and delete the original message without making any copies.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbitPlease stop being a broken record. Stop repeating that tiresome nonsense line about Withings looking into it. Stop pretending you're helpful and can answer further questions. For all we know, you might be a support bot that looks for any post about "Withings" and answers with the same canned message.

Only Fitbit can fix it. Can you please get us an actual estimate on when Fitbit will fix this?!

Best Answer

@Mark81, is there a version of weighthub that allows me not to use my desktop? That seems like a real pain. I just want to use my scale and fitbit through my phone, since I don't have regular access to a computer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit, you seem to be utterly incompetent. If you're just going to keep giving canned responses that don't actually help anyone, why are you even responding at all?

Best Answer

@StacheKetchum Unfortunately not yet, in order to allow to sync from clouds and also from files, was chosen the desktop edition. I'm using it weekly or monthly, not daily.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm using fitness syncer to achieve it. Configure it on the website, the whole history is going to be imported into fitbit (even with the free plan).

It's a fire and forget thing, once it's setup, you don't have to care anymore.

It also takes into account the fat ratio.

https://www.fitnesssyncer.com

There are also apps for Android and iOS if needed for the setup.

Best Answer

Hey RomRider,

i`m trying fitnesssyncer for the second time now but it does not sync. I see my data from Withings Scale in my Dashboard with fitnesssyncer but it is not synced to Fitbit. Or does it take some hours? Tried it so often, also renewed peermission for both...no success.

Really a pitty that fitbit is not able to fix this issue. This thread is on fire, has more than 100 replies and fitbit is not able to fix this. I really like Fitbit and my Charge 3 but this is really bad for a company who wants to lead the fitness industry with fitness and wearables...

Best Answer

It took quite some time for me the first time, like 4/5 hours.

But since it's setup I don't have to care anymore about it, it's just working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay great so i just have to be patient 🙂 Thanks a lot!

Best Answer

It seems to me that Fitbit may simply not have enough developers on hand to manage all their products. This relatively simple code fix/update was brought to their attention 2 months ago and should have gone in as a hot fix. If they work on 2 weeks sprints, then 4 cycles have come and gone. 

If I were a shareholder, I would be very concerned.

Best Answer

Yes, Fitbit and John Hancock are very protective of their products and are slow at welcoming competitor's new standards to their playground. There are other amazingly good options that serve the same needs and are worth a fresh and new upgrade. LOl

Keep Moving
Best Answer

Same issue here with new trying to sync Fitbit app with Withings Body+ scale.  Fortunately, I use MyFitnessPal for food (macros) tracking and Withings and MFP play very well together...a seamless connection.  Having said all that, it would be nice if the Fitbit folks could fix this on their end.  Fitbit and Withings both report to MFP adequately.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit - You need to fix this. Another unhappy user here.

Best Answer

Another unhappy user here.  Please fix your s**t Fitbit!  You've got people's health insurance companies paying for lots and lots of units....  can you not hire enough coders to fix this little problem?

Best Answer

@RobertoME, is there anyone who would be able to help us more than @LanuzaFitbit? It's like he's not even reading the questions people are asking him. Insanely frustrating.

Best Answer