Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withings scale connection/API update?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi! So I've looked over previous threads about the issues with connecting Fitbit with the Withings scale and noticed people are being told that Withings has been made aware of the problem. However, I noticed on the Withings website that they appear to be putting the onus on connecting apps, stating: 

• "Important note: We improved our API by integrating a new authentification protocol. If you notice synchronization issues between the Health Mate app and a partner app, please contact the partner app and ask them to update their authentification protocol."

They also included this link to information about their authentification protocol.

It appears that many of us have purchased both products after being told by both Withings and Fitbit that the two items can work in tandem. Since Withings has made it clear that we should contact partnering apps, I'd like to know what Fitbit has to say. 

Will we be able to sync the Withings scale & Health Mate app with the Fitbit app? What is the issue here and when will it be resolved? 

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the Forums @lll1.

Thanks for bringing this up and sharing those details.

While they do mention that on their website, users that have gotten in reach with them have been told that Withings is working on the situation to get it resolved. Taking that into consideration, it does seem like the issue is on their end.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Super annoying that I can't connect my Nokia + scale to my fitbit account. I'm NOT going to but an aria scale. Give people a choice to interact with 3rd party scales!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Nmedi.

At this moment the connection seems to be working correctly between the two. What happens if you try to connect them? Do you get some sort of error message?

Look forward to your reply.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this same problem.  I tried to use the Fitbit integration wizard (https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings#) but get this error once I click "Allow this app" in the Fitbit integration wizard...

"{"errors":[{"message":"redirect_uri_mismatch: The redirect URI provided is missing or does not match partner callback url"}]}"

I've tried clearing all cookies & history, different browsers, browsers on different devices, etc. - nothing seems to work.  Disappointed.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Best Answer

Hello @JTP1.

Thanks for letting us know about this.

In this case I'd like to recommend that you try getting in touch with Withing directly so that they can verify what is going on with the integration. Keep in mind that these integrations are developed by the third parties themselves.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ran into the same problem, have you ever get this resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes - it is now working. Un install/unlink the prior integration and go
back through the process.
Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @thunpisit. Hello @JTP1.

@JTP1 Thanks for your quick reply and for mentioning the process that did the job for you. @thunpisit Thanks for taking the time to post in the Forums.

@thunpisit If you are experiencing any issues with the connection between the two apps, please try to disconnect the apps and then connect them again like @JTP1 said. You can click here to find the steps to disconnect the apps.

Let us know if you have any further questions we can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes