Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workouts won't sync to MyFitnessPal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello

i have the charge 2 and notice that when I log my workouts using the Fitbit it doesn't sync to MyFitnessPal.  I have to manually enter them into MyFitnessPal but then it duplicates the workout on my Fitbit app

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

I have the same issue!!!! Who can help us?!? Lol 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @birdee210, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you around too @birdee210

If your activities are not syncing correctly to MyFitnessPal, my suggestion would be resetting the connection between both apps so the information can be refreshed.

Please give it a shot and if your activities are still not syncing, please let me know! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same. I have refreshed the connection and it wont send the workout information to my fitness pal.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I just bought the Charge 2 over the weekend and have noticed this same thing.  MyFitnessPal syncs to Fitbit, but it doesn't work the other way around.  So, I am not sure if I should be logging workouts into MyFitnessPal anymore.  If I do, then it duplicates to the Fitbit app.  Please help!

Best Answer

Hello @EmBp and @Smash0323, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

When resetting the connection between both apps, did you log out from both, MFP and Fitbit apps? This is very important for the apps to connect once again. You can also use the MFP site instead of the app in case the information is not updating and the apps are not syncing correctly. 

To connect MFP and Fitbit through the MFP site:

1. Log into MyFitnessPal and click Apps.
  2. In the App Gallery, find Fitbit and click Connect.
  3. Click Allow to give MyFitnessPal access to your Fitbit data.

Please try a couple of times to connect both apps and in case you need anything else, feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue between MFP and Fitbit.  Completely logged out of both a reset the connections....wondering if my problem might be that I’m using both an iPhone and iPad to access my data in both apps.  I notice the FB Charge 2 will only sync to the iPhone (not the iPad).  Is there something I should do different if I am using two devices? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I’m having the same problem. I tried logging out and in again after disconnecting, but MFP keeps reconnecting instantly, even after disconnecting from both apps, and still only updates the steps, and not exercise. I want to upload my strength session earlier but it just won’t work.

Any tips?

thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @anneliew.

Thanks for going through those steps before posting in here.

In this case I'd like to ask some questions to better understand the situation:

• Did you track the strength session with your Fitbit or did you log it manually?
  • Did they sync to MFP at some point in the past?

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,

I tracked the strength session as "weights" on the fitbit, and it all syncs to my phone, but the session won't sync to myfitnesspal, the only exercise that syncs from fitbit to mfp are the steps, which give an incredibly high calorie reading. I've only had the fitbit for a week, in this time no exercise session has synced. I never had a problem with my previous polar a360 syncing, only with fitbit.

Thanks,

Annelie
Best Answer

Hello @anneliew.

Thanks for getting back to me.

In this case, only steps and calories tracked by Fitbit are synced over to MFP, that is the way the integration was developed. Please do keep in mind that this integration was developed by MFP so maybe you could get in touch with them to let them know that you'd like to see it be expanded to include other options.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I run into the same issue on the same device. It won't even sync steps.  Though since the fitbit app tells me all that I need to do, I don't entirely think it has to go to MFP. The steps haven't really worked. I'm going to their forums next 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually, I take that back. I went to MFP on computer, went to Apps, then to Steps. Selected Fitbit and now it imported steps and calories, etc. 

Best Answer

Hello @serenstar75.

Glad to read that everything is working correctly now.

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users, maybe something will pique your interest.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I’ll have to try that. Currently my watch steps per hour won’t sync to my Fitbit app. For the price I paid for the verse I sure do have lots of issues with it. This is my second one as my first one stopped working and have a black screen after I went swimming.
When I called customer help they told me it’s not water proof just resistant and if I get it went to dry it immediately. Which is misleading if you look at their website for what the versa does compared to other fitness trackers. Once Apple gets the ability to track sleep I will be switching back to Apple Watch. To many issues with Fitbit for me.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @KaseyD3.

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Please do know that we are always looking for ways to improve the overall Fitbit experience and we take comments like this very seriously.

Feel free to reach out with you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found solution to not having the calorie adjustment in myfitnesspal or double-workouts in Fitbit. I didn't want a calorie adjustment in myfitnesspal unless I actually did a workout. Fitbit seems to adjust your calories allowed if you have a high step day but don't actually do a workout. This might work for some, but I only wanted the extra calories if I earned them! Here's what I did:

Myfitnesspal and Fitbit accounts are linked, but in the myfitnesspal app I went to more --> steps, and selected "Don't track steps". This stopped the calorie adjustment in myfitnesspal.

I use the Fitbit to track the time I started and stopped working out. When I enter my workout into myfitnesspal, I choose the activity and enter the start time and length of workout from the Fitbit app into myfitnesspal. When they sync, the workout I entered in myfitnesspal now shows up in Fitbit and I delete the original (the information will be exactly the same if you match the time). 

It's only a couple extra steps and solved my problem - hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @gcasselman.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share all of those steps with everyone! I'm glad that you found a way to get it to work in the best way for you. Hopefully other users will give it a shot and find it very useful. 

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users.

Feel free to reach out if you need any assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That isn’t a solution at all. 

He’s having to manually input and then bypass the Fitbit app. 

Why doesn’t it just sync. I have the same problem that as I have an active job my “step count” is massively wrong but I want my workouts to sync. 

I have done all all of the steps you’ve said previously with no success.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @olfrench.

Thanks for trying all of the steps that have been recommended.

In this case I'd like to ask if the situation has continued since then. I'd also like to ask you what specifically is it that is going on? Is it that the information is not syncing over to MFP? If so, what information is not syncing? Or what information is syncing?

I look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes