Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bitTicker Notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 3/11/16:

Hey all,

I realize for most of you bitTicker was an important part of your experience with using Fitbit. With each iteration, we definitely aren't looking to limit functionality. Quite the opposite really, we're always looking to improve. Receiving notifications from various apps can be a huge factor when it comes to using activity trackers or smart watches and there's certainly potential for this feature to exist. If this is something you're interested in, I'd suggest voting for this notifications Feature Request. The Feature Request board is a great place to get the attention of our engineers and developers.

I wouldn't recommend reverting the Fitbit app version to 2.19, especially since you don't always know the source of the download.

In the meantime, looks like bitTicker is still working for @homebound:

homebound wrote:

I have a Blaze and my BitTicker is working fine. I use it as "text" replacement not as "phone" replacement.

FitBit 2.20.1 , Blaze Firmare 17.8.102.7. All notifications are coming trough as they always did.

Hope this helps. Remember to vote for that idea to bring more attention to it! 🙂 

Fitbit Update 3/10/16:

Hey everyone,

Here’s the situation with bitTicker.

Though we’re not familiar with how bitTicker works, the recent bug fix for outbound call notifications for the Fitbit Android app may have caused bitTicker to stop working.

This was a bug fix, not an intentional block of bitTicker. Since we don’t support bitTicker, there are no plans for reversing the bug fix.

You can reach out to bitTicker directly for further information.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
100 REPLIES 100
Do you also have experience with the caller API? The fitbit app has to monitor caller events from external callers. It doesn't anymore.
Bitticker was injecting messages as fake caller events. But the issue is that no external callers are monitored by fitbit anymore. For. Ex. Skype used to work and they broke that too.

It has nothing to do with the fitbit API it is fitbit no longer supporting standard android callers.

If you can show me proof of concept of a working external caller in fitbit I will accept that it is not fitbits fault. But for now I can't find an external caller that works with fitbit.

The function is still visible in fitbit iirc but not working.
Best Answer