Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit never syncs correctly with MFP

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the charge 2, and it never syncs correctly with mfp. Steps are off by a few thousand, excercise doesn't log at all. I get it, go to mfp web page, disconnect it, disconnect it from fitbit web page, then reconnect them. I do that like 7 times every other week to get them to talk to each other. Its a joke. Google is a software company, can they get it together? G suite is a joke, the Google pixels are a joke, and fitbit already had this issue but I dont expect google to be able to fix it. What watch syncs with mfp, and continues to sync with them for years and years and years with zero input on my end after initial setup? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Yes @Fit42018 Google is a software company, but Google has no relation to MFP or Fitbit. 

For MFP sync issues you will need to contact MFP since they own the link. 

Best Answer

Hey Rich, 

You might want to read the news, Google bought fitbit almost a year ago, so id say their relationship to fitbit is that they... own them. 

So when a software company can't open their API's to another app, it is annoying. Mfp has no issues syncing with fitbit, it always reads correctly. It's fitbit that has the issues syncing w mfp. I prefer logging my food in mfp as it is more accurate. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually @Fit42018 the sale is yet to be completed. So far Google has only announced their intention to buy Fitbit. It still has to pass through regulatory approval, with the EU potentially blocking it until they receive certain assurances. So until they get the green light (which might not even happen), Google has no relation with Fitbit.

As for the syncing to MFP, I'd definitely say the issue lays with MFP. I was a long term MFP user myself and completely understand the frustration you are having. My solution was moving to "Lose it!" and never having syncing issues again. So it definitely can be done reliably. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

BTW: @Fit42018 Fitbit has had an open API for others to use for at least the, next month, eight years I've had fitbits. 

The problem is with MFP and there implementation of Fit it's open API. 

If the issue is with Fitbit then there would be many different apps not syncing since they mostly use 1 of the 2 available APIs. 

I checked and my Google sheet accessed and updated itself with my Fitbit data this morning. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it's a case of MFP being unwilling to invest in more servers or capacity for their large user base. With lose it, Fitbit syncing is only available for premium users. I guess this cuts down the number of requests, but also helps with the cost of server maintenance. Either way, the difference between the reliability of the two services is night and day. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes