Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 Coach app keeps trying to install

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa 3 keeps trying to install Coach app. I have 4 times factory reset the watch, uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit app and set up the watch as a new device. It is still trying to install the Coach App. Any ideas?

Best Answer
235 REPLIES 235
Could not agree more. It’s like they don’t care

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Same thing is happening to me. I have been on chat to support twice now, uploading photos etc. They say that someone will contact me via email. I’ve heard nothing! 
The number of notifications I receive because the app has failed to install or update is a joke!

The app struggles to sync when connected.

Best Answer
Ditto

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is anyone having problems with the coach app not installing ? I have a moving red line constantly . I can't remove it as its not installing .

I've tried all the usual , log out then restart phone . try a different WiFi even a different phone . 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue and I have posted on a different thread.  Looks like it's affecting a lot of people, but fitbit doesn't have a fix.  I've talked with support twice already and they had me do all the same stuff I've already done a dozen times to no avail.  At this point, I haven't heard back from support in 2 weeks.  Things I've tried: restart fitbit and phone.  Uninstalled fitbit app from phone.  Turned off wifi and bluetooth from phone and fitbit.  Reset fitbit to factory defaults.  Removed versa 3 from fitbit app.

The bottom line is fitbit app is trying to install an app which is no longer available.  So, there is no way it will ever install.

I wish fitbit would just make an old version of Coach available for the app to install.  Then we can uninstall it and be done with this nightmare.

With support this shoddy, I think it's time for me to look at other fitness/smart watches.  Clearly this company doesn't care about its customers.

Best Answer

Fitbit,

If you don't fix this stupid Coach install issue soon, I'm returning this watch. 

Best Answer

Hi All,

has anyone successfully resolved the issue with the coach app constantly trying to update itself ? I’ve spoken with support over Twitter dm and tried everything in removing the Fitbit app, factory reset the watch etc and it’s still been trying to install constantly for over 2 months!

it feels as though support don’t want to know as they don’t have a fix for the issue, it’s poor really and battery life as a result is  shocking since app is constantly trying to update 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

Hi there, @T0n3r. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 3 before reaching out. I understand how you must be feeling. 

Since the steps you tried with our Twitter support haven't worked, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems since Google took over, no one gives a **ahem**. I had a problem with faulty equipment, and they never got back with me after repeated attempts. Now this. I will never buy another fitbit EVER.

Best Answer
Mine is exactly the same. 

Sent from Sky Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer

The coach app won’t sync or let me delete it off of my versa 3. It keeps my Fitbit from syncing, I can’t get the app from trying to sync, any suggestions 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got in touch with support about this - they said someone would get back to me in 48 hours. No response so far….

Best Answer

Everyone.

If you find out let us all know as we’ve been asking since updated app.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's not that anyone wants to use the coach app, but the firmware update will not complete because the coach app won't let it finish installing. So it's a pain. Plus it's constantly trying to update (we can't make it stop) so our battery on our phones are draining quickly

Best Answer

This the official Fitbit Support Twitter Team response to my complaints (I suggest everyone to contact them if not yet done, so they may consider increasing this issue priority):

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We’re aware of it, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but we're always working to improve our products. We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.
Our team is still gathering enough data on the issue and we're doing everything we can to have it resolved. We are monitoring this and notifying our team with the updates you've shared. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Best Answer

Thanks! I will contact them today. It's driving me crazy!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. 

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We’re currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

This is not helpful at all...

Im having the same issue. Wow this watch and the app is so in trouble right now.

It keeps installing the coach app as all the others mentioned. Plus now I unfortunately chose a chargeable watch so it installed it. Now I want to choose a different one but it says I cannot pick a new one because I first need to finish the installation of another watch. Wtf I dont want to finish installation because I dont want to pay???!!!

Solve this issue Fitbit! Or I will return the watch and ask for giving back the money its unbelievable how customers are treated here.

By the way @MarreFitbit: I can vote for your reply and press "+Worked For Me". Where is the "-Did not work work for me" Button???

Best Answer

Have tried all the trouble shooting steps but still unable to install the coach app

Best Answer

@Nickynong   Fitbit is removing the Coach app and the Coach website and is adding features to Premium.  Please stop trying.  It won't install.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer