Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 4 missing features

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone,

Since the Fitbit just released today I might be a bit early in posting my thread, but I wanted to try nonetheless.

Has anyone noticed with their Fitbit Versa 4 (or Sense 2 for that matter), that they can't find/download any apps for their device? I know that you could download different ones for your Sense because I had one, and according to the internet also on the Versa 3. However, in the app on my phone it wouldn't show anything?

Also, I found online on a website that there would be no music apps on either Sense 2 and Versa 4, is that true? No Spotify, no Deezer, no nothing?

Any feedback on this would be appreciated! I could not reach out to Fitbit support because every time I select the ''get support'' button it just redirects me to a blank page, and sometimes just to a 404 (page not found) error code... 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

Hi @Fransbc

From the (unofficial) investigation of some of the users here. We have come to the following conclusion.

• There is no Google assistant on the Sense 2/Versa 4
  • There doesn't appear to be any music capabilities, including music controls. 
  • Various features are listed as coming soon - Google maps & Google wallet. 
Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Regarding the lack of apps it might actually very possible that these new Sense 2 / Versa 4 are like Charge 5 / Inspire 3 so no apps.

These are the hints I have

- Store description and all Fitbit material never show any possibility to install apps and clockfaces 

- No SDK is available for independent developers

- WiFi is declared as deactivated (this is a big hint and Wifi is essential to test the apps/clockfaces by the developers)

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer

So I just got done doing a help chat and according to this rep, they are available. I don't have my versa 4 yet so I cannot confirm but here's the conversation. Who knows if this is accurate or not.

10:07:56 System: Thanks for waiting. Please provide as many details as you can so we can get you back on track.

10:08:26 Erik W.: Is spotify supported on versa 4

10:10:28 Agent: Mary May V.: Hi, My name is Shana.

10:10:38 Agent: Mary May V.: I'll be glad to assist you with your Fitbit Versa 4 inquiry.

10:10:42 Agent: Mary May V.: I'll do my best to get this sorted out.

10:10:43 Agent: Mary May V.: For verification purposes, please confirm your country of residence.

10:11:00 Erik W.: United States

10:12:19 Agent: Mary May V.: Thank you.

10:12:38 Agent: Mary May V.: Yes, Spotify is supported on Versa 4.

10:13:33 Erik W.: Where can I download the app like on previous version of the Versa?

10:13:42 Agent: Mary May V.: Yes.

10:14:16 Erik W.: Where?

10:16:19 Agent: Mary May V.: Thanks.

10:16:28 Erik W.: What??

10:16:30 Agent: Mary May V.: To download App.

10:16:33 Agent: Mary May V.: With your device nearby, in the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab then your profile picture then your device image.

10:16:41 Agent: Mary May V.: Tap Gallery then Apps tab.

10:16:57 Agent: Mary May V.: Search for Spotify and Install.

10:17:41 Erik W.: And this is for the new Versa 4 correct?

10:17:42 Agent: Mary May V.: Yes.

Best Answer

To confirm what @Dopovo says, just checked the Development forum and no SDK has been announced even though the watch is to be available from September 23rd, it may still come as sometimes announcements are slow coming. But for now it is not available to developers

See - clock face "Turbine" which says available only for Sense 2 and Versa 4. Also "Paths Premium".

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

It seems google is deliberately trying to disable the Versa and Sense as to not eat into sales of the pixel watch. Google has a history of doing this with companies they buy. I knew fitbit would end up being sold, but I hoped it was Amazon or someone other than google with their track record. I'll give it a few months, as I'm happy with my Versa 3, but it looks like my next watch won't be a fitbit. Features that garmin and apple have as basics are now disabled in the flagship fitbit watches. I love the ecosystem, but the lack of features and the ground they've lost to the competition is just too much for me. 

Best Answer

I got my versa 4 yesterday. No supported apps besides the basics that come on it. I already factory reset my versa 2 and gave it to my daughter. It now appears she has a smarter watch than me. Very upset that this is basically an expensive step tracker. I'm hopeful that maybe they just haven't released the apps yet for the versa 4 but it sounds like maybe they don't plan too.

Best Answer

Really? No apps on my new Versa 4? That would be a REAL disappointment. My main goal is activity tracking but it would be nice to have at least some apps like Spotify or another weather app. 
How could we have known this after the possibilities of the Versa 1-2-3?

Best Answer

Just got off the phone with support and yep no apps just the ones that come with it. They have no idea when or if they'll have an update for this. Thanks Google!! Way to mess up a good product.  My versa 2 is better then this watch. Just crazy that Fitbit or stupid Google would release the versa 4 like this.

Best Answer

To add more confusions, there are currently no 3rd party app available for Versa 4 or Sense 2. But there are 3rd party watch faces in the app gallery but without a public sdk for them. 

Best Answer

@asiayeah- you are right, there is a confusion.

We have no news why there is no development platform, or why Fitbit is porting some clock faces and not others, without consultation with the developers, or any information as to what is going on.

You can't rely on 3rd party clock faces because they have not been tested by the developer and the developers can't fix them if there are problems, so there is currently no support for them, they are, as is.

Why no Apps have been ported is equally a mystery.

There is still no confirmation on screen size and underlying software being used as this information has not been released, it's only supposed.

Best Answer

@Guy_ Thanks for the additional information. 

I'm glad we have this forum. 

One of my reasons of purchasing a new watch is to develop some watch faces. I hope I could access the SDK one day and contribute to the platform as my last kudo to the fitbit OS. 😉

Hope things will be cleared up soon. 

Best Answer

Has it happened before that a Fitbit watch is released before the SDK is released?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@asiayeah- thanks, you can still develop using Fitbit Studio and the OS Simulator, but not for the new watches at the moment, or if at all, which is what it is looking like at the moment.

One supposition only, is there may be a different development platform for the Pixel and the Sense 2 and Versa 4 may appear there at some point.

Given that the number of the existing watches is much higher at the moment it still makes sense to develop for them.

Best Answer

I raised a feature request to support 3rd party apps in https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Support-third-party-apps-and-clock-faces-and-Sen...

Please kindly vote for it if you are interested. 

Best Answer

You have my vote and I hope a lot more.

Best Answer

They say it's an upgrade but you can't download any 3rd party apps nor are there any music apps.   You cannot play music from versa 4.    You can not use your watch to put barcode on for your gym membership.      Garbage.  

Best Answer

That barcode app is golden. It made things so much easier. I just don't understand the strategy here. 

I love that barcode app and use it for grocery store reward cards and my gym membership. It's just one of those smartwatch things that makes your routine a bit easier and saves me from carrying around a bunch of cards. 

Best Answer

There are music control available by using the notifications when connected to phone. It's really annoying that 3rd party apps aren't available for versa 4 and sense 2 though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Chickenface22,

Could you elaborate a bit more on how to get these apps? Because I can't seem to find them. 

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes