Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 4 can't install any apps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought the Versa 4, so I am still learning how to use it. I had the Versa 2 and l could install many apps to my clock through the Fitbit app. But with the Versa 4 l can not install any apps. I just have the apps that are already installed on the Versa 4 like 'relax, weather, alarms, alexa' and so forth. I would like to install more apps. Can l install more apps to my clock (Versa 4) through the Fitbit app, or l can't install any apps?

Thank you.

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @victoriacastro and welcome to the Community.  Unfortunately, Fitbit didn't give third party app developers access to the Versa 4 and Sense 2 software development kit.  Users only have access to Fitbit apps and clock faces.  We are all scratching our heads over this decision.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

Hello @victoriacastro and welcome to the Community.  Unfortunately, Fitbit didn't give third party app developers access to the Versa 4 and Sense 2 software development kit.  Users only have access to Fitbit apps and clock faces.  We are all scratching our heads over this decision.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Is this going to change anytime soon?

Best Answer

Yeah this is ridiculous, I got a new one expecting it to be better and I can’t play music on it. It would be nice to run with just a watch and not with a cell phone. Honestly considering returning it for an Apple Watch after being pro Fitbit for years.

Best Answer

It also said that l could also install Google Maps. Nope! Couldn't install it.

Best Answer

That is really lame and seems like a downgrade. At least add a calculator and music on the list of available apps. 

Best Answer

I agree.

Best Answer

So you guys are charging 200$ for an exercise app, a heart monitor and a weather app? Geez. Is this ever gonna change?

Best Answer

Hello how to get a petition on this situation? I have a versa 2 and thats too old so i buy a versa 4 but i cant install apps but my versa 2 i can install many apps as i want

Best Answer

I'm angry and I feel like I've been swindled

Moderator Edit: Formatting 

Best Answer

The same, had Versa 2 - very good watches.Bought Versa 4 - like a piece of **ahem**, sorry.

Best Answer

What were they thinking 🤔 

----------

It won't even recognize my O² stats...absolutely acts like I'm dead

Moderator Edit: Word choice 

Best Answer

I asked question at support, regarding make SDK public

Will see on their reply

----------------

Officially - Versa 4 and Sense 2 will not support 3d party apps. Google allow only develop watchfaces.So, no public SDK

Best Answer

I’m  not used to having a fitness tracker (but love it) never had a Fitbit or smart watch before. Love my versa 4 so far. FYI: Google maps does work on it now!  

Best Answer

Not on IOS Apple phones only android phones. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seriously why Alexa on a Google account Fitbit watch. Ridiculous and mine keeps in pairing. I'm also seriously ready to return it😕

Best Answer

This was my 3rd Fitbit. I was excited about getting another upgrade only to find I couldn't use the apps I had on my previous Versa. Very disappointing. Why call it a Versa? Consumers don't like to be deceived. And yes, Alexa on a Google watch? As a lifetime Android user I am constantly amazed at how such a giant company like Google could be so bad at strategy. Hello, don't try to be Apple. If you like Apple you will own an Apple, period. If you don't like Apple, you will own an Android and use Google tools because you can make choices and maintain flexibility. Understand that and leverage it!

Best Answer

I wished i would of seen these before buying the Versa 4 it is not even close to being worth $200 plus another $45 for extended warranty are you kidding, Hope some one learns to hack it and make better apps.

Best Answer

Agreed!! Disappointing they provide a product that is new without having apps to support it! 

Best Answer

Considering this too! Loved my Versa 2!

I am returning mine tomorrow and paying the  restocking fee but then asking Fitbit for a reimbursement for the fee! Keeping Versa 4 is a waste! Going to go back to my Versa 2. 

Best Answer