Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 4 is tracking my floors too high

ANSWERED

Hi, have had my versa 4 since June & for the last few weeks the floor count has been in the 40s & 50s every day after being completely accurate before. My floor count is usually below 10. 

Are first I thought it may be the weather, as this has happened in the past with previous fitbits ( been a fan since the Ultra over a decade ago)

How can I make it accurate again?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @cheekychicken56. Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums and for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 4. I will do my best to help you with this. 

Please note Fitbit devices has an altimeter which is a sensor that calculates altitude based on atmospheric pressure to track your floors. However, it may give you credit for extra floors while doing everyday tasks such as opening doors, driving, AC, or riding elevators or escalators. Exposure to excess moisture can also result in extra floors.

Know that you can negate the extra steps and floors in the Fitbit app. For more information, see How do I delete steps and floors in the Fitbit app?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there, @cheekychicken56. Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums and for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 4. I will do my best to help you with this. 

Please note Fitbit devices has an altimeter which is a sensor that calculates altitude based on atmospheric pressure to track your floors. However, it may give you credit for extra floors while doing everyday tasks such as opening doors, driving, AC, or riding elevators or escalators. Exposure to excess moisture can also result in extra floors.

Know that you can negate the extra steps and floors in the Fitbit app. For more information, see How do I delete steps and floors in the Fitbit app?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

That wasn't really any help. It doesn't explain why the count would be accurate for 8 months & then count 8 or 9 times my floor count EVERY day for a month when my daily activities & routines have not changed. 

Luckily Amazon were more helpful and have accepted a return & refund under the warranty. 

Best Answer
0 Votes