Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Alert Apps or Products

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone know if there is any bands with the medical alert symbol on it or apps that you can use for medical alerts? I am suppose to wear a medical alert bracelet and just got my fitbit. If I could somehow combine the two that would be great!

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

I recently had a neurostimulator implanted. Leads in spine and unit under skin under butt. It is controlled via bluetooth with an ipod and app from Abbott Medical. Because of this I have certain emergency issues. I have a Medic Alert bracelet but am not sure if I can use it on the same wrist as the Fitbit Charge 2. It is Sterling silver and rose gold. Sadly my only good piece of jewelry. LOL. Will the bracelet interfere with the fitbit's ability to monitor my vitals on the wrist? Secondly, does anyone know of a Medic Alert setting on the charge 2. On notifications?????

Thanks so much in advance for your answers. 

Best Answer

@pupmama, there is no Medic Alert interface with the Charge 2. The Medic Alert bracelet will not affect the Charge 2 as long as it is not able to slip underneath of the tracker and block the heart rate monitor.  When I was wearing a Medic Alert bracelet, though, I wore it on the other arm.

Best Answer
thank you so much

--
*Cheri Peloni*
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, go to this topic in the Feature Suggestions Board and vote for it: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Medical-ID-Wristbands-ICE-In-Case-of-Emergency/i.... This board is especially created for your kind of requests. The more votes it gets, the greater the chance is that developers pick up the idea and maybe implement it in the next update. 

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner.

Here is a suggestion for a med alert tag that fits most Fitbit bands. And here.  And another.  I opted to wear a med alert necklace similar to this

Best Answer

I have one from www.roadid.com that fits right on my Versa band. 

Best Answer

Thank you I'll check them out

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is a medical alert sleeve that fits on most Fitbit bands. I just spotted it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @pupmama - I have the exact same thing! I’m moving your post to a different thread that discusses different options for Medical Alert options for the Fitbit. I wear a necklace with my info. But also take advantage of one of the units that fit on my Fitbit band. Better safe than sorry, right?

Goos luck with your stimulator. Mine was implanted almost 8 years ago. It was literally a life changer. Hope yours is, too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
 I have a Charger 3 and a Blood Glucose Monitor that works via Bluetooth and no interference with my Fitbit 
Best Answer
0 Votes
 I have a Charger 3 and used medical face plate from Road ID, www.roadid.com and can storge yur medical infoon a sisiter website in case of emergency
Best Answer

I use ROADID.com products.  I use the silicon wrist bracelet with the med alert tag.  I received a fitbit versa for christmas and I will be ordering the slip on sidekick id for the Fitbit.  Have been using this product as my medical alert id for years and feel protected.  The company has frequent sales.so keep an eye out for that.

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing.  The links were beyond helpful and exactly what I was looking for.  

Best Answer

Did you know versa 2 has a medical id app

Just touch the symbol and the user's details are shown 

Best Answer

Try the new clock face with MED ID 

Best Answer

Have you tried versa 2 with the med id

It helps saves lives 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you know versa 2 has a special med id watch displays user details in case of emergency assistance is available for emergency services quickly 

Best Answer