Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus 6 and Versa compatibility

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a OnePlus 6 and I'm having issues properly synching my Versa with it. 

Like many others on Android devices, it doesn't work ALL the time. 

It does sync a few times a day and that's enough to have most data in the app, but I cannot get reliable notifications. 

I'm using "Always Connected" and "Keep-Alive Widget" but still.

This device was sold in millions....sad to see that Fitbit gives compatibility with the OnePlus One only, a device released 4 years ago....no time to test the 3, 3T, 5, 5T and now 6?

The OnePlus 5, 5T and 6 and now running the very last release of Android 8.1 and they should also move to Android P, 

I have the feeling that these issues are mostly related to the OS rather than anything else. 

Let's keep in mind that the processor used in the last OnePlus is a Snapdragon 845, and Snapdragon 835 in the 5T. And the processor is hosting the Bluetooth on these platforms. So any Google Pixel device and all other "flagship" phones (from Samsung, LG, Xiaomi, Sony....) will use the same controller....

The Versa is great and they have sold a lot of them (over 1 million), but if this is only for people to realize they have issues unless they own an iPhone that was "properly" tested....that will get back to fitbit.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Currently using: Fitbit Versa, Fitbit Alta HR
Current Phone: OnePlus 6 running Android 8.1
Used: Fitbit Alta, Fitbit Blaze, Fitbit Flex
Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56

Hey @almograve, it is great to see you around more often! I appreciate you have verified all the requirements to sync your Versa with your OnePlus 6, however, since this isn't a compatible device, I'm afraid that you'll experience compatibility issues and I can't guarantee that even after trying the steps in this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync, it'll work. 

Keep in mind that our team is always working in order to add more compatible devices with Fitbit products. I just can'f tell you when this is gonna be compatible 'cause I have no updates about it. 

Let me know if you have further questions! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I have oneplus 6 and i am having trouble syncing with my Versa which was working just fine for almost a month after needed to do my versa factory reset because of incorrect pin and unable to reset the pin through android app. Firstly it was setup with my old phone Samsung galaxy S7 and when I purchase the oneplus6 I didn't do anything except setting the account on fitbit app and was working just fine. Now that I'm trying to setup it on oneplus I just can do it.

Can you please advice what else we can do?

Best Answer

I have a OnePlus 6 and a Versa and have not yet had any problems with syncing. Sorry that isn't helpful too the to of you with problems, but this is just to add another data point that the problem it's not a total incompatibility between the devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys! Welcome to Fitbit forums! 

@acrias, as I mentioned my friend, since the One Plus 6 isn't a compatible device, I can't guarantee that you won't have syncing issues with it and your Versa. With your previous Samsung Galaxy S7 you didn't have those problems because that one is fully compatible. So what I recommend you is to use a computer or by any chance another compatible device to sync your Versa with it, while our team is working on that phone model. 

@bugstomper, thanks for sharing your comments my friend. In your case sounds pretty cool that your One Plus 6 is working fine with your Versa. 

Let me know if you have further comments or questions guys! 

Best Answer
Thank your for your reply. Do you have any estimation when this issue will
be resolved. I mean when oneplus6 will be fully compatible phone? The thing
is that the only compatible phone from oneplus is the oneplus one. Other
oneplus models are selling a lot and is not a phone that can be ignored

Thank you in advanced
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to me @acrias! To be completely honest with you, no, I have no information about when this phone model, the One Plus 6 is gonna be launched as full compatible. I know is becoming a very popular phone, and our team knows that too, so don't you worry, they are working in order to add more devices to be compatible with Fitbit. 

I will appreciate your time in the meantime! 

Best Answer

At first I thought that there is some problem with my versa, after knowing that one plus 6 and versa isn't compatible , I was very upset , I recently bought those both gadgets and I cannot get rid of any !! 

Please Fitbit fix this problem right away . 

Best Answer

The problem is that Fitbit is not taking care of OnePlus Devices....as mentioned in my original message, Fitbit gives full support only the Oneplus One, there's been the 3, 3T,  5, 5T and now 6 since then....

Over a million of 6 were sold (just like the Versa), all of these phones can run Oreo 8.1 and Fitbit doesn't really do anything....

Best Answer

Hi @praneeta11, welcome to the Community! As you may know, there are several phone models that use Android as their operation system, and our team is aware of this and working with each phone model to make it compatible with Fitbit devices, and is taking time because there are some other requirements that must be met in order for them to be full compatible. In the meantime, as I've been saying, you can try to sync with a computer or even with this phone model, just keep in mind that I can't guarantee that it'll work. 

@almograve, I know, the OnePlus phones are getting very popular, and I know is taking time, but as I was explaining above, is taking time because of the huge amount of devices that are available on the market, ad some other ones that are constantly released. So I will appreciate your time and patience into this matter. 

Keep me posted guys! 

Best Answer

It's a shame fitbit. My Oneplus3t sync fine with Versa . I just bought a Oneplus6 and it was fine for a last 4 days and now suddenly since yesterday it is not syncing anymore. I tried everything on the forums but there is no solution to this. My Oneplus3t is still working fine with it. I mean, really are we tallkig about compatibility issue in 2018 Fitbit Guys??  I guess that's what happens when users like me try to cut some corners and save money on wearables and get to receive garbage from folks at fitbit. Wish I've put my money yo some good use rather than buying this piece of c#$p. Will let other friends know as well that unless you got an iPhone, fitbit won't give a **ahem** if your phone works with it or not. This digital watch of urs is too expensive for being juts a watch. 

Best Answer

I strongly doubt Fitbit will add the OnePlus 6 anytime soon since they haven't added any of the previous OnePlus models in the last 4 years. This looks to be more of an incompatibility with the latest versions of Android. With over a million new OnePlus 6 model sold in the first month of sales Fitbit is missing out a lot of people who could be buying their smart watches

Best Answer

Heydy,

There seems to be a lot of threads regarding the lack of Oneplus compatibility and no action (or information on action) being made. Is there a way that forum users can provide a petition to the Fitbit development community, in order to demonstrate that there is enough interest that the team should go through the compatibility testing?

Best,

D

Best Answer

Hi,

Just bought the fitbit Versa....Own a One Plus 6....Just found that is incompatible. Tried the fitbit connect to use the Versa.. Now have got to know the Versa supports only Mobile Setup.

Is there any plan for the OnePlus 6 to be tested and supported in the future or by when may we expect this to happen?

Regards.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tijji, did you try setting it up using Mobile Setup? I also have a Versa and a OnePlus 6 and haven't had any problems. Not knowing that it isn't supposed to work , I simply installed the Fitbit app on my phone and used that to set up the Versa. I'm not denying the people who say that they are experiencing problems, but it is worth trying if you haven't yet, because this is one example that it is possible for it to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just had my Versa and OnePlus 6 stop syncing. Restarting the Versa didn't help. I tried the step in the troubleshooting section of help that said to force stop the Fitbit app on my phone and start it again, and all was fine. I'm posting this here in case that helps anyone else who runs into that trouble.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Basically the communication framework from Fitbit is buggy as hell and needs rewriting from the ground up. They keep adding more and more workarounds which is just making matters worse in the long run. Sort your s**t out Fitbit. Bad code is not acceptable in 2018!

Best Answer

Multitasking / App Switcher on the phone. Put the little padlock on the top left to locked. Worked wonders for me, particularly when using connected GPS.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried every suggestion on here and in the manual but still cannot get a reliable connection between my OnePlus 6 and my new Versa. I can't even connect it to my WiFi, it either time out or says the network is out of range, despite being less than 2m from my access point. Is there any way to get my Versa working with my phone or should I return it for a refund?

Best Answer
0 Votes

With time and the recent updates on the OnePlus 6, things actually got worst. And we have zero news of Fitbit being working on a fix or proper support for the OnePlus range...sad...Currently I sync (steps and sleep) via my girlfriend iPhone....sad...

Best Answer