Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus 6 and Versa compatibility

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a OnePlus 6 and I'm having issues properly synching my Versa with it. 

Like many others on Android devices, it doesn't work ALL the time. 

It does sync a few times a day and that's enough to have most data in the app, but I cannot get reliable notifications. 

I'm using "Always Connected" and "Keep-Alive Widget" but still.

This device was sold in millions....sad to see that Fitbit gives compatibility with the OnePlus One only, a device released 4 years ago....no time to test the 3, 3T, 5, 5T and now 6?

The OnePlus 5, 5T and 6 and now running the very last release of Android 8.1 and they should also move to Android P, 

I have the feeling that these issues are mostly related to the OS rather than anything else. 

Let's keep in mind that the processor used in the last OnePlus is a Snapdragon 845, and Snapdragon 835 in the 5T. And the processor is hosting the Bluetooth on these platforms. So any Google Pixel device and all other "flagship" phones (from Samsung, LG, Xiaomi, Sony....) will use the same controller....

The Versa is great and they have sold a lot of them (over 1 million), but if this is only for people to realize they have issues unless they own an iPhone that was "properly" tested....that will get back to fitbit.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Currently using: Fitbit Versa, Fitbit Alta HR
Current Phone: OnePlus 6 running Android 8.1
Used: Fitbit Alta, Fitbit Blaze, Fitbit Flex
Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56

Hi acrias,

This seems encouraging. What firmware version do you have? Is everything OK: data sync, notificacions..? I am going to purchase Oneplus 6T but i am worried it will not work with my Versa.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have Oneplus 6 with Android Pie and OxygenOS 9.0.2, build A6003_22_181026. My versa firmware is 32.32.12.19. Since I have upgraded my versa firmware on 14/11/18 everything is working fine (sync, notifications) but since no official report from fitbit that the oneplus6 is supported I cannot warranty that it will work. 

Regards

Andreas

Best Answer
Mine seems to work too after the update, not sure if this is that case for
everyone though!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@urmoluts try this. It resolved the GPS connectivity issue on my op3T. 

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer

Hi,

You team members are actually not working, if they have worked then they could have provide compatibility for earlier one plus phones but they don't.

do you have any ETA?

Best Answer

@adamjaved031 Now, honestly ask yourself this question: why would Fitbit test any OP devices older than - I dunno - OP5T? This is coming from a huge OP fan. It is a popular phone but still not that popular in North America and EU... Fitbit are trying to test big names first. Just my two cents... 

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer

Today after long time not using Oneplus 6 (android 9.0.4) with Versa i notice that fitbit tracked all 11km lap correctly with gps connection. I hope it was not one time lucky day.

iphone 13 mini, Oneplus 8, Versa 3 | Retired: Flex (2x), Charge HR, Charge 2, Versa SE
Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit Versa won't even connect with my OnePlus 6, unfortunately. How do I sync it with my computer? Thanks in advance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Solution what i have done. I restart versa and oneplus 6. Then it connect but latest fitbit soft i have notice that tracking is not any more correct. iphone track 10km when fitbit versa with oneplus 6 only 8km.

iphone 13 mini, Oneplus 8, Versa 3 | Retired: Flex (2x), Charge HR, Charge 2, Versa SE
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply! I restarted both the versa and the oneplus, also re installed the app just to be sure. The first time I try to set up the Versa it says it connects, and then it gives me an error, saying there are bluetooth connection problems. After that it won't connect anymore at all... 

Hope somebody has a suggestion for me! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also try delete connection between oneplus and versa and check over is there any another bluetooth devices what should connect to versa. 

i have iphone and oneplus. if iphone bt is on, then there is no way that oneplus can connect versa. iphone have stronger bluetooth connection with versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks for the ideas and suggestions! I will check back home to see if the versa is somehow still connected to my old one plus x, but it shouldn't be, seeing I did factory reset a few minutes ago. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's mid 2019! I am facing an issue with versa with my op6. I shows notification service not working phone needs a restart to re enable the service. I tried all possible steps. Disconnecting - restarting - reconnecting both the devices! It works fine for sometimes but after sometimes versa stop receiving notifications from other apps. I get only call notification which is also delayed by 2-4 secs. 

Firmware version is 32.33.1.30 and phone is running on Android 9. Please give some permanent solution for this problem/issue. 

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa lite is running on 38.33.1.30 and OP6 is on Android Version 9. Not having problems in syncing, but having tonnes of problems with notifications. Before the 'super friendly but super useless' fitbit guys tell me to ensure bluetooth is on and other basic advise which I have tried umpteen number of times, the error i keep seeing is "notification service not running. A phone restart required to re-enable notifications on your tracker". 

Thankfully i bought this yesterday. So returning it and switching to a garmin or a much much cheaper option of an amazefit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cmon FITBIT! It is time to make all OnePlus devices compatible. It is one of the most popular phones out there and it should be made compatible ASAP. It is soo frustrating not being able to use any apps at all that require real-time syncing. If I would've wanted that, I could've bought a 20 € step counter.....

Please, you have a great product. It's time to offer all the capabilities to all your customers, including the ones owning a One Plus or any other device for that matter. 

#fingerscrossed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is one plus 6 compatible with versa 2 atleast?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is one plus 6 compatible with atleast versa 2?

Best Answer
0 Votes