Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not receiving notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa has stopped receiving notifications in the last couple of days...

I have read every post have done everything they tell you to try and nothing.. I have only had it a few months. 

I worked fine up until Monday (5/13) then started only doing a notification every once in awhile and by yesterday (5/15) it sends nothing at all.   Alarms still work and it reminds me to move. 

Please help... I love my notification for Text and Calls...  

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SunsetRunner Try this (even several times) in that order:

1. Unpair (remove) Versa from your phone's bluetooth settings
  2. Uninstall the Fitbit mobile app
  3. Reboot your phone and install Fitbit mobile app
  4. Reboot your Versa by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo flashes
  5. Login to Fitbit mobile app. Do not pair in phone's Bluetooth settings
  6. Grant all permissions incl pairing
  7. Make sure Fitbit Notifications are enabled in your phone Settings. If they are switch them off, sync, switch them back ON, and sync again. Please follow steps 1-3 from my post here to properly set up the notifications on your iPhone.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

@SunsetRunner What's your phone model and OS? Also, what's your Fitbit mobile app version? Have you tried rebooting your phone and Versa (press and hold the left and bottom right buttons util fitbit logo appears)? Also, make sure that the notifications are ON on your Versa - long press the left button to access the quick menu and toggle Notifications OFF and ON several times.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Iphone 8   Fitbit app version 2.93

I have done everything.... I even took the versa off my app and re installed it... 

I have made sure everything is on...  I have read every post and done every suggestion

Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you checked the settings on your Versa?

Hold on the left button which brings you to the quick settings,  more you may have to swipe left. 

Check that notifications are enabled. 

Of the above is good,  please include the type of phone that you're having issues with. 

Have you checked the online help docs?

How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

Receive call, text message, calendar, and other notifications on your Fitbit watch or tracker if you have a compatible phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all the stuff you mention and then some... I have an iPhone 8

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Try this (even several times) in that order:

1. Unpair (remove) Versa from your phone's bluetooth settings
  2. Uninstall the Fitbit mobile app
  3. Reboot your phone and install Fitbit mobile app
  4. Reboot your Versa by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo flashes
  5. Login to Fitbit mobile app. Do not pair in phone's Bluetooth settings
  6. Grant all permissions incl pairing
  7. Make sure Fitbit Notifications are enabled in your phone Settings. If they are switch them off, sync, switch them back ON, and sync again. Please follow steps 1-3 from my post here to properly set up the notifications on your iPhone.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Still doesnt work.  I followed every step you had 

I am stumped, it worked fine 2 days ago

Best Answer
0 Votes

I GOT IT.... YAY

Thank you

I am going to print all this off so I have it for future info... 

🙂 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner I'm glad I could help. It always surprises me why some steps have to be performed in exact order multiple times! 😄

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

now my battery is not holding... I was at 100% at 9pm last night and at 11:13 am I am down to 44% I have stopped everything and even changed to a different face even thought I have had the same one forever and my batteries lasted for days …. any advise to help  Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Let's test it.

1. Please charge your Versa completely (12 hours, from the outlet).
  2. Remove from the charging dock
  3. Open Fitbit mobile app and disable All-day sync
  4. Turn off the bluetooth on your phone (I know it's painful)
  5. Check how long the battery lasts
  6. Make sure you're using one of the Fitbit original clockfaces

Please report back with the battery usage.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will do, for the most part that is how I always run my watch... it is sad that we pay so much for a watch that you cant use all its functions  😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner You should be able to use all the features. I am trying to figure out if it's related to the app update or if I should ask you to attempt a factory reset. Let's see.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it has something to do with the update.... I have had no problems with mine, held charges, notifications worked, and in 1 week it has went to H-LL.

I only have 41% battery left today so I will wait and do the factory reset when I get home tonight...  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Marrrmaduke  down to 25% and now lines are flashing through the screen... I put it on the charger and will do a factory reset... 

Best Answer
0 Votes