Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery, screen dead...

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello.

I'm having nothing but troubles with my Versa. I bought it in presale on Amazon, and sadly, I don't think I can return it anymore.

The day I received it, there were having problems with Fitbit servers and I couldn't even setup the watch. I work on IT, I know that problems happen and I've tried the next day and eventually the setup worked.

And then the watch was working perfectly... until last month when I've begun to have problems with the battery, which a lot of people seems to have the same problem as well. It was lasting 2 days, then 1 day, then 12 hours and today the battery died while I was asleep and this happened with the screen when I put the watch on the charger:

IMG_20180712_080816.jpg

The device still seems to be "functional", bluetooth works, I thought it was some firmware issue, so I was trying to reset it but, I can't connect it to the Fibit app, since it don't show the numbers on the screen...

It never fell, never used on the water, I was most using it while doing some exercises and to track my sleep.

Did something like this happened to anyone here?

(not the entire thing, the problem with the screen)

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

BTW, I solved my problems, everyone. I bought a Galaxy Watch Active2. It's been working with no problem whatsoever for the past 6 months 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

THIS!

The exact same thing happened to me last night! It seems to have recorded my first three hours of sleep before the battery "died". My screen now appears exactly the same as in your picture. It will take a charge and appears to be transmitting data to the Fitbit app, but the watch itself displays nothing... Restarting the watch has only resulted in the same screen.

Up until now, everything had been working smoothly since the day my Versa arrived. Though I suppose the battery life has been slightly shorter over the past few weeks.

NEED A FIX!

JL - A2
Best Answer

Well, I talked with the support two weeks ago and they didn't really helped me solve the problem, so I gave up on Fitbit and left the paperwatch wallet on my drawer... but, today, I tried to turn on the watch on and, for my surprise, it worked.

The screen still had some strange color noise, but I was able to read what was on the screen. So I followed the setup procedure and the watch is working again. No issues on the screen anymore.

It seems like it's really a firmware issue. Since I've begun to have problems when the battery died when I was asleep, maybe that time, it corrupted the firmware somehow.

Still, it makes absolutely no sense on why it's working now.

Battery life still crappy, though. It went from 100% to 50% in 12 hours.

Best Answer

I think you should contact Customer Support.  Your Versa is not acting normal.

KC | Texas
One, Charge HR, Charge 2, Versa | Galaxy S9 Plus
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. I'm afraid to send it back and wait for months for a new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it really a 2 month wait? Mine crashed, the touchscreen was unresponsive I restarted it a few times, then it started to vibrate uncontrollably, I restarted it again, then it's started to restart by itself, and now I have a blue screen of death. Is this what happens to a $200 watch? I only had it for 4 months. I literally just bought another for my son. Based on all the complaints in not sure if we should stay with fitbit. Is there any1 that can say they had a fitbit for years with no problems? That's what I expect at this price point!

Best Answer

I have same issue, same screen in the beginning now I feel it vibrate when I press buttons and a light kinda comes on like a backlight and sensor on the back turns on too.my watch lasted only 1yr and half and it's now out of warranty. It was a replacement from same issue on my previous watch.  Smh. Never again am I purchasing a Fitbit. Totally disappointed on a $200 watch.  Garmin here I come!

Best Answer

I've had my Versa Since June 2018 or something and until 2019 i hit my watch upside down onto the swim edge because it turned upside down onto my wrist then **bang** it cracked and right now when I charge, it's giving out heat but yet no response from any activity or anything. completely flat and dead

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am highly disappointed with the warranty, the product, and the response/ solution from the customer service representative. I purchased a fitbit because I believe it was a quality product and could help me manage my health goals. While in quarantine I noticed that my health began to decline so I grabbed my Fitbit, determined to get back on track. To my dismay, despite my attempts to charge and reset the watch, it didn't work. I called customer service and was advised my warranty had ended in March and could not receiveareplacement. I expressed my frustration with the product and my concerns were met with nonchalance. I was then told by the customer service representative that my Fitbit probably doesn't work because I haven't used it in a while and then offered me a 25% discount. I have up to 30 days to decide whether I'd like to accept this offer. I've paid $200 for a device that no longer works after only one year, and my only option is to buy another device of questionable quality for a discount of 25%... I am also upset because I really enjoyed my Fitbit (when it worked of course) but I can't bring myself to pay that much money for another when I'm not sure it will last. Especially when I've asked friends on social media whether they've had this happen and it seems my experienced isn't all that rare.

Best Answer

BTW, I solved my problems, everyone. I bought a Galaxy Watch Active2. It's been working with no problem whatsoever for the past 6 months 🙂

Best Answer

Same experience here, except I didn't bother to contact their support. I figured as much. Great device when it worked. Crap when the battery dies and can't be replaced. Only option is to purchase another? HARD PASS. You just lost a customer, FitBit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have several Samsung products and they have all been great. Thanks for the tip!

Best Answer
0 Votes