Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise settings overwritten after every sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my new Versa and updated it to 32.32.10.15. (I am a software engineer)

The problem ist that the exercise settings one makes on the watch are not synced to web portal.

This applies to to the Stats and GPS settings of all exercises made on the watch..

Each time one syncs, the web (portal) exercise settings overwrite the watch settings.

I state "overwritten" because if I change the GPS settings on the web portal htey are reflected on the watch (after sync). I cant check this with the stats settings, as I dont have them in may portal.

So actually the real problem for me are the exercise stats settings changed (to default = all checkboxes ticked) after each sync !

Those are the stats I talk about:
DSC_1035.JPGDSC_1036.JPG

There are lots of other users having this prob:
Bug: Customized Exercise Stats resetting

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

deleted post

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, mine is the same and has been reported to Fitbit Technicians who are aware of the problem. I also have an Ionic and the same problem occurs with it also.

Best Answer

I tried a lot yesterday and right now it keeps my settings:

1 Tried a new account > still the same

2 I saw that I got 9 or 10 activities to choose from instead of 7 which is the limit. So I deleted them from within the app to have 7 left.

3 From within the app I configured each of the activities "GPS off" and "hints off"

4 I initiated factory reset (not the reset with the buttons) and afterwards it wanted to load the latest Firmware 32.32.10.15 to the watch over bluetooth. This took forever, so I interrupted it and setup WLAN and it updated.

5 I repeated steps 2 and 3.

Sorry, but I was so frustrated, that I am not sure which of steps 2-5 realy did the trick...

Afterward I played around a lot and installed watchfaces ...

Still I would not consider this as solved as long as others like @GonzalodeDiego

Best Answer

I still have this issue. 

I did a factory reset to start with step #4, and then upgraded to version 32.10.15 as it was required.

I did step 2 and kept only 5 activities in Exercise Shortcut.

I did step 3 and disabled GPS and Cues for all 5 Exercise Shortcut

After all these, it’s still nlt working for me.

Best Answer

@5ggggg I'm not sure I understand what worked for you. I've only got one exercise loaded, as that's the only one I do. And I have GPS and hints off. I haven't factory reset my current Versa, but I've definitely factory reset previous ones I've had. And I always have it set up the same. Are you basically saying that you reduced the number of loaded exercises and turned GPS and hints/ cues off, then factory reset and set it up the same way again? I wish that would work for me!

Best Answer

First of all I put my Versa into an existing account where I had a Charge2 on earlier (which I deleted from the account long before). This might have been the cause why there where 9 exercises to choose from (instead of max.7.
As I wrote I tried a lot and something of steps 2-5 did the trick for me. Since this it saves my stats settings.

But so far those steps did not help anybody else in this thread ... sorry to say.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@5ggggg Hey, I'm starting to develop a theory that Fitbit engineering is fiddling with people's firmware in the background without telling them. Maybe they decided to fiddle with yours on this. Who knows?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

OT: yesterday I got a replament without straps. So I tried to mount the ones from my original Versa. Surprise, the old straps do not fit as the holes are a little bit off (about 1mm). Mounting them back on the old one was easily done in seconds.....

Fitbit product quality is not OK and their products hit the market like green bananas 😞

@meresydotes,  @GonzalodeDiego

Regarding the topic: I had the same prob again and this time I did the following and succeeded again.

But again I can not tell which did the trick:

0 Disable in the phone app: Permanent sync, 24h sync, keep alive widget

1 Reset the watch (press left and right bottom button, or just all 3 buttons until the fitbit logo comes up)

3 Customize your exercise settings and go back to the clock face

4 Reset the watch and look if the stats are still OK

if not try 3&4 again

5 If it kept the settings try to sync manually from within the phone app

6 Reset the watch and look if the stats are still OK

if it did not work try

7 Enable in the phone app: Permanent sync, 24h sync, keep alive widget

and do steps starting with 1 again

Best Answer
0 Votes

@5ggggg On your first thing - you may have seen that I mentioned some of the replacement "pebbles" are defective and you can't attach bands. Support SHOULD overnight a replacement if you send a video of you struggling with it. Include your case number with the video.

If I understand your workaround, you're setting up the exercise with all day sync off, then restarting the watch, then syncing and repeating till it sticks, then turning all day sync back on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

THX for your infos...

It has something to do with sequence

- customizing (on the watch)

- returning back (left button) to clock display

- reseting with left and bottom right button (no factory reset)

- manual sync from the phone app

After everyting works I stay with manual sync (no 24h, no cotinous connection, no keep alive widget) becaus ethis saves juice.

Best Answer
0 Votes