Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug: Customized Exercise Stats resetting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have entered my customized stats in the exercises multiple times and they reset to the defaults as soon as the watch syncs (which means, with all day sync they have reset within minutes of my changing them).  I cannot find anywhere in the phone app or computer dashboard to make these changes.  Am I doing something wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes
26 REPLIES 26

@JLMD wrote:

I have entered my customized stats in the exercises multiple times and they reset to the defaults as soon as the watch syncs (which means, with all day sync they have reset within minutes of my changing them).  I cannot find anywhere in the phone app or computer dashboard to make these changes.  Am I doing something wrong?

No, you are not doing anything wrong.  This is a flaw in the OS 2 operating system and is being addressed by the Fitbit Engineers for repair in the next update.

Best Answer

Do we have any word on when that update might be?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The good news?  Yes, shortly after leaving the above answer, I found out OS 2.1 was released yesterday to 10% of Users and the rest of us will get it over the next few weeks. The bad news?  No mention whether the exercise stats problem  fix is included. Smiley Sad

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Why do you think there is no mention of what is being fixed and what isn't?  I bought the Versa on May 1st, but there are so many glitches/bugs that it's not worth keeping when my Charge 2 is working just fine.  Also, for those who have received the update, there's complaints of them not getting notifications.  I really like the Versa, but between the connectivity issues, the weather app not really working properly and receiving duplicate notifications, I can't justify the $200 price tag.  I have factory reset it multiple times and restarted it multiple times to no avail.  😞

Best Answer

Shelly, Lots of folks (including me)  are very unhappy that the release of updates doesn't include a complete list of what has been fixed. I can't imagine why they seem to object to that.

Best Answer

It does not fix the stats not saving

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tazhoag wrote:

It does not fix the stats not saving

Thanks for letting us know.  I was afraid of that and that fix was the main one I was hoping for with OS 2.1. I still don't have the update here.

Best Answer

32.10.15 update fixed this on my Versa but I had to do a factory reset after the up date then it redownloaded the update and now the custom stats bug seems to be fixed for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tazhoag wrote:

32.10.15 update fixed this on my Versa but I had to do a factory reset after the up date then it redownloaded the update and now the custom stats bug seems to be fixed for me. 

Step by step, in English please.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I downloaded the update. 

Then I did a factory reset my Versa. 

It redownloaded the update during the re pairing process then the stats saved. I really don’t know how to word that any easier

Best Answer

This is a major bug IMO and I’d really like to know when this fix will be released.  I’m on 10.15 and I can confirm that the bug is still there.  I’m not willing to do a factory reset for this unless I hear from Fitbit that this would work.

Tom
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tazhoag, are your customized setting still being retained?

Tom
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you try sync with Fitbit App and see if the customised stat setting retained?

For me syncing with the app is when I lost all the customised stat setting on versa. If I don’t sync with the app then the setting seems to retain on versa, but it’s gone right after a sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JLMD wrote:

I was about to write about this bug until I saw this post. I can say that with the new OS 2.1 (32.32.10.20 specifically) it still an issue not solved. And it is very annoying -.- .

Best Answer
0 Votes

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why is this thread marked as solved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got my new Versa and it updated to 32.32.10.15.

The problem of not saving the customization of the stats settings is absolutely inacepatable !!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So far I found out, that the settings are lost after syncing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thread wrongly mareked "solved"   ... new thread can be found here:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa/Exercise-settings-overwritten-after-every-sync/td-p/2812201

Best Answer

I have no idea how this got marked “solved”... 2 months since my original post and nothing has changed.  I am very disappointed in FitBit and have stopped recommending them to others due to this, and other issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No they are not

Best Answer
0 Votes